Quick Cath Question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selma

I had a cardiac cath about 10 days ago. The cath itself was fine, but I now find I have a little lump in my groin where one of the lines must have been inserted. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Thanks! Selma

Selma,

Yes, I had a little bump that lasted for a couple weeks, I think it's where the blood vessel has clotted.

Tom

Selma, it is common that around the insertion site some blood leaks into the surrounding tissues. To us it feels like a lump and if it is close enough to the skin it will show up as a bruise. If there is no significant pain and the swelling is not spreading it sounds normal. On the other hand if it becomes painful or if it starts spreading you should have it looked at since those things can indicate continued bleeding.

Larry7

if i recall correctly, it could be the cap / closure that they use under the skin (for me in the groin area)...I know not a scientific answer, I was a bit hazy when they were telling me about it...regardless, it dissolves on its own over a couple of weeks, if that is what it is. Hope this is helpful :smile2:

Hubby just had one on 1/17 and they specifically pointed out that a lump there was normal. He didn't notice it until a couple of days later, but I'm assuming that was due to the amount of initial swelling of the entry site. Once that started going down, the lump became more noticeable. It's now slowly going away, as is the hellacious bruise that looked like the world's worst hickey. LOL

Thanks, all. Just what I needed to hear. My bruise is now that lovely yellow/green color. I can only imagine what we all look like after the REAL surgery!

On the pamphlet they gave me after my cath. it says that a 1.5 - 2.5 cm lump may form and last for 6 weeks. Sure enough, that's what I have now!

On the pamphlet they gave me after my cath. it says that a 1.5 - 2.5 cm lump may form and last for 6 weeks. Sure enough, that's what I have now!

I think we might have had our caths on the same day. Sounds like our lumps are similar.

Latest posts

Back