Questions for Surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Scottie

hi folks ..this month (April ) I go to meet with surgeon..I am to have thickened muscle that is obstructing the Pulmonary Valve cut away (it's there due to TOF) ..(.I've had surgery 3 times before as a child )...and then they are going to try and repair the valve ...have any of you got any suggestions as to what I should be asking the surgeon?
I'm also hoping to see my consultant again on the same day ..what questions should I be asking her ?
sorry to bother you .
Scottie

Hello Scottie,

RobThat'sMe sent along a great list of questions in response to my 'Selecting A Surgeon' query. While these were directed towards someone undergoing bypass surgery, they can be used as a guide and adapted to the specifics of your situation.

Best wishes,

'AL Capshaw'

Hi Shona,
Only thing that I can offer in way of a question is: "If you are unable to repair the mitral valve, what type of replacement valve will you use, what do you recommend?

My surgeon discussed this with me at length and recommended a mechanical because of my age.

Hope this helps!

How are you doing? It was nice chatting with you the other evening on WebMD!

Take care,
Zazz

Latest posts

Back