Questions about money, what did you do?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattwisconsin

Green Bay, WI, Columbus, OH, and Chicago, IL.
So here is my situation. I have a cardiologist visit scheduled for early January, where given my symptoms, I am expecting that surgery will be recommended. I am a student and my income comes from a fellowship. When I informed the director of the program of my situation, he told me that they would be willing to postpone my fellowship and have it disbursed in the future when I could return to the program. Granted this is better, than it just being cancelled (which was actually suggested as an option), but this has left me wondering what I can do for income for the next 6 months (if I need surgery), since my fellowship will be postponed and I will not be any shape to get a job.

Any suggestions or what have other people done when approaching an expensive surgery, even with insurance, and loss of income?

I don't know the answer to your dilemma, however, most people have been able to return to work at 8 weeks post surgery, and many much sooner than that. Some have gone back in as early as a month. It all depends on how your recovery goes.

So, perhaps, you won't be out of commission as long as you think. That might be something to discuss with the money people.

Young people do much better recovery-wise.

Sorry about your dilemma. I don't have any answers for you. As Nancy says, most return to work at 8 weeks post surgery or so. I hope it all works out well for you.

Latest posts

Back