Question about QAS

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KathyH

Hi, I just started this Inr testing and I need to know more about the home testing. I just want to be sure that I understand it right. It looks like you can download the information for the Dr and does QRS teach you how to use the machine, and send you your supplies? Is there a fee involved or just the charges for equipment?
Thanks,
Kathy H

Kathy,
Do mean QAS?

If so, they do teach you. My tutorial was via phone, with a nurse. Once I got my equipment, we set up a time where she called and walked me through my first test.

Kathy:

It's much easier than you'd think! I was all thumbs when I had to demonstrate I could self-test at my PCP's office, but I told his RN that I was sure it would become very automatic w/ time. And it has.

QAS handled ALL the paperwork for me. They faxed a form for me to complete. I didn't have my PCP's fax #, but they took care of that and faxed paperwork to his office, got him to handle the certificate of medical necessity so that insurance would cover the machine and supplies.

The tutorial was via phone, like Karlynn said, and I received a video to watch before the tutorial.

QAS is not "in network" with United HealthCare, but UHC is covering everything as though QAS was in network -- because no one is w/ UHC. Better clarify this w/ your insurer. Ask a rep how if QAS is in network and if not how to get it declared in network for you. Just be persistent and pro-active!! :D

I just reordered supplies today from QAS, the first time this year. I also have UHC, so we'll see what hoops I have to jump through this year to get approval. I know I was shocked 2 years ago when I got my Protime Monitor and UHC paid 100%.

Karlynn:

I had 25 cuvettes shipped 2/16 and had paid 10% co-pay ($30). Then I got a statement from UCH saying it would only pay something like $15 because QAS is out of network. I got UHC to approve QAS as being in network and was told "no one is in network" but as soon as someone is, UHC will (hopefully) let me know.

UHC paid 100% for my monitor (received 11/26/03). Then in February when I was having problem with billing/payment for cuvettes I ordered in December, a rep @ UHC said, "Oh by the way, we'll have to re-examine payment for this (monitor) because QAS is not in network." Have not heard anything yet on that. If I do, I know how to handle it. DME was covered at 100% last year, only 90% this year, so I know UHC will have to cover all in 2003. They're having to reprocess the December 2003 order now.

Marsha,
You must have paved the way. I called QAS to reorder supplies. They had me call UHC to get the ball rolling on the Network Gap Coverage. I called Care Coordination of UHC and 5 minutes later I had my approval #. No getting a letter from my doctor or anything. It went smoothly....TOO smoothly. Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. :confused:

Karlynn:

Ain't it great when everything goes so smoothly???? :D

Wonder how many of us who are QAS customers have UHC insurance?
When the UHC rep called me to let me know that UHC had approved QAS as being in network, she seemed pretty positive about patients doing their own INR home tests.

Hey Kathy,
I just got approved for my CoaguChek unit today. I printed the forms off of QAS site and took them with me to my last Cardio appointment 4/1/04 and he sent them in and I got a call today from QAS that I was approved. They are setting up my training and I will be all set. It was very easy.
Take Care

Great Dave! That's what I am going to do. I have to see my PCP in a couple weeks so I will print up the forms and give them to her. Thanks!
Kathy

Latest posts

Back