Question about Abnormal Blood Pressure Response to Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberta

Hi Everyone,

I had AVR a few years ago. This past spring, my latest echo showed that I had a patient prosthesis mismatch. When the cardiologist reviewed the pictures, he concluded that an error had been made with the measurements.

I had been complaining of some mild shortness of breath, so he ordered a cardiopulmonary exercise test.

I received my test results and one of the cardiovascular findings was a "blunted blood pressure response to the CP exercise test". I recall reading somewhere that an abnormal blood pressure response to exercise can happen with severe aortic valve stenosis.

Has anyone else ever had this? Is this something to be concererned about?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much! You know how we tend to worry about anything not normal from a test.

Hi everyone,
I am moving my thread back up with the hope that someone will have some input. I am concerned but don't want to jump the gun until I understand this. My cardios office never called with a response to date.
Thanks for listening!
Hi Everyone,

I had AVR a few years ago. This past spring, my latest echo showed that I had a patient prosthesis mismatch. When the cardiologist reviewed the pictures, he concluded that an error had been made with the measurements.

I had been complaining of some mild shortness of breath, so he ordered a cardiopulmonary exercise test.

I received my test results and one of the cardiovascular findings was a "blunted blood pressure response to the CP exercise test". I recall reading somewhere that an abnormal blood pressure response to exercise can happen with severe aortic valve stenosis.

Has anyone else ever had this? Is this something to be concererned about?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much! You know how we tend to worry about anything not normal from a test.

Thanks for this link and for responding to my thread, Fundy ! I never came across this link when I did a google search. Unfortunately, all I kept reading was that blunted blood pressure response was linked with poorer outcomes and earlier mortality etc. which isn't what one wants to read! Gee, it would be nice if this is just due to me being in excellent condition! The concern is that my heart rate when up very quickly with the exercise test...it's the blood pressure that was blunted which presented itself under cardiovascular findings from the report I received.

What concerns me is that I have read a blunted blood pressure response can be a symptom of severe aortic valve stenosis (which would mean stenosis of the bioprosthetic valve).

Thanks again for responding, it makes one feel less alone. :)

Latest posts

Back