QAS new policy on Refunds

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mommywri

For some reason it is taking a long time for QAS to process refunds lately. In the past we have paid for cuvettes and the insurance company has subsequently paid so we were owed a refund from QAS. Last March it took less than 2 weeks to process a refund.

Lately, QAS mentioned that it would process a refund for us by Mastercard on September 24. Mastercard told me that no refund was on their records or in the works as of today, October 25. Mastercard also mentioned that merchants should be processing refunds within 30 days of knowing that a refund is owed to a consumer. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much for any advice.

Martha Wright (mom to Christina mechanical aortic valve 10/2002)

Yes we are having some of the same problems. Every time we order strips for Bob's monitor we have charged it to a charge card--the first time his insurance company paid us directly thier portion of the bill, but the last two the payments went to QAS, and we have not recieved either of them back from QAS as yet. I have made several calls and actually talked to a real person one time and she said she was processing it that day--however--we have yet to recieve any reimbursements from QAS. I know that they have been slowed down my all the hurricanes but this is reduculious.

Time to call them again and maybe issue a nasty gram.

Joan

Interesting thread. I called looking for Lance today to appeal my difficulty getting reimbused. I have just received my reimbursement from strips purchase 1/6/04!! I am questioning the small amount I received. I am very frustrated with the multiple calls I had to make from work, calls my husband had to make over the past 9 months.

I am fearful of buying more strips as I don't want to go thru that nighmare again.

I am hoping as a VR member, I can appeal to Lance when he returns later this week.

Donna

I have to say I am getting a bit concerned as I am in the process of getting testing equipment from QAS. I was going to pay for it and wait for reimbursement from my insurance company but now I am worried that they will mess up and send the money to QAS and it will take forever to get my money back.
I guess I will have to consider getting pre-approval and waiting for the equipment until the insurance company pays QAS or I am maybe out a couple of thousand dollars for a long time.
How did everyone else handle the initial order?
Thanks,
Gina

I went ahead and paid QAS for my monitor and when my insurance ended up paying a portion they(BCBS) reimbursed me.

I just ordered some supplies from them and charged them to a credit card. I am trying to get my new insurance carrier (Cigna) to pick up some of the cost so I'll be watching to see what happens just like you.

Update

Well, I called QAS this morning (Monday) and actually got to talk to a real person. According to this person the May order has been approved (Oct 15)and should show up in a week or two (awful long time to write a check)---but they haven't posted the payment the insurance company sent them in Sept for the August order.

They're excuse is they had to shut down for the four hurricanes, but I also suspect they are experiencing a rather high turnover--they alluded to training a new person, that coupled with the fact that I always seem to get a different person on the phone each time I call.

Hopefully they will finally get their act together, I'll let you all know when I finally get a refund. (BTW we still haven't gotten the insurance company to pay for the monitor--guess I'll have to ramp up my nagging on that one.)

Joan

I actually told them a month or two ago that their billing department "sucked" and the guy laughed at me. I have had my unit for almost a year (the first of December) and haven't had to pay anything. I know the ins. is paying them because I get statements for Blue Cross and it says I owe them but they haven't billed me. Right after I got my unit my employer insurance changed and they kept billing my old insurance for two months. Of course I told them about it too........I don't know what is up with their billing department but it is bad.

Thanks to all of you who shared their experience

Thanks to all of you who shared their experience

Dear All,
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question and shared their experiences and ways of resolving their situations. I greatly appreciate your information and advice.

Sincerely,
Martha (mom to Christina mechanical aortic valve 10/2002)

I've only had one billing problem with QAS.

I ordered some supplies in December 2003 and my insurance company said it would only pay 70%, instead of 100% it covered back then, because QAS was no longer in network. So I paid the difference. Then I got my insurance company to certify QAS as being in network since there is no similar company in network. My insurance company then paid that difference (about $28 or so). I had already paid for the difference w/ a credit card.

I talked to someone in customer service @ QAS, faxed copies of my CC statement showing the payment and a photocopy of the check my insurance carrier had sent QAS. UnitedHealth Care sent me the photocopies upon my request.

Got a refund from QAS within 2 weeks.

I have been doing home testing since May of this year and have never had a problem with QAS. I got my refunds in a timely manner and have always talked to a real person when I have called them. I order all my supplies from them and they have been GREAT to work with.
Take Care

Received our refund check

Received our refund check

We just received the refund check in the mail! Thanks to all of you for sharing your information and thank you to the hardworking folks at QAS who reviewed my daughter's "paperwork" and acted promptly.

Sincerely,
Martha (mom to Christina mechanical aortic valve 10/2002)

Well we finally got one of the refunds due to us from QAS, one more to go. Hereafter when Bob needs more strips we'll pay the co-pay amount and let QAS get thier money from the insurance co.

Now we have to go back and try to get the insurance co to pay for the monitor itself.

Joan

Latest posts

Back