PVCs during workout (6 month post op)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arne

I've noticed that I still get PVCs when I workout. Is this normal? I'm not doing anything too crazy. I'm 6mth post op and we'll be seeing my cardio in a month.

Aside from that and being slightly hypochondriac, everything is great! Life feels so good!

:D

I can't say much about PVC's, but others will probably be along soon who have such experience.

I can say, though, that after valve surgery it is somewhat common to have any or all sorts of rhythm disturbances. I am just over 4 years out, and at every pacemaker interrogation we discuss just how many (hopefully short) bouts of afib I experience. Most disturbances are benign, but it would be worth a mention to your cardio when you see him next.

I'm now nearly 6 years out from my second. I've only had a couple very short runs of afib, but I have a lot of PVCs, usually when my heart rate is low (like when I'm trying to sleep). I got used to my mechanical valve, but PVCs still keep me awake. I can't really complain though, as it's benign and life does feel good! Funny...the one time that I don't get PVCs are while I'm exercising.

Edit: unless you mean that you have them all the time but don't expect to have them while working out?

Latest posts

Back