Protecting your hands when working, while on blood thinners.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobThatsMe

Hi Gang,

Thought I would revisit an old topic of mine.

I often find myself working on things, like car or boat motors, or other things that tend to nick, scratch, or cut my hand while working. It's really annoying if that happens as a small cut or scratch bleeds forever when on blood thinners.

Years ago, after my 1st surgery, I got a pair of Kevlar glove liners. They fit tight, and they are almost like wearing a second skin. This allows me to handle real small objects, like screws, bolts and nuts , almost as though handling with my bare fingers.

So, I just found myself ordering a few more pair to keep in various places, like home, auto and boat. That way I don't have to remember to bring them to each place when I have a task to do.

Here is the link I found for these Kevlar Glove Liners. You may find this useful too. the Kevlar glove liners that is.... I am not promoting this site as it is also the first time I have purchased from them.

http://www.brigadeqm.com/cgi-bin/ta...hing&BC4.ctx=Gloves&backto=/store/level3c.tam

Hope everyone is enjoying Spring!

Rob

Hi Gang,

So, I just found myself ordering a few more pair to keep in various places, like home, auto and boat. That way I don't have to remember to bring them to each place when I have a task to do.

Rob

But Rob, how are going to exercise your mind??? LOL
If you remember your keys, you should train yourself to remember the gloves...........just a thought.

Cheers Buddy, Cheers!

Kevlar gloves sound great - and this is a great idea. I have insoles for my shoes that have Kevlar in them.
So far, scraped knuckles and other minor hand injuries usually don't gush a lot of blood, and I've been able to get by without the Kevlar -- but I may order some when it comes time to do some tree trimming and greenery cutting.

Last edited:
I am a young sheet metal worker. i beat my hands up all day long everyday. for basic cuts and scrapes i never have a problem.

a good pair of gloves should always be kept on hand though.

Latest posts

Back