Progress report

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wweir

Hi everyone

Well it?s now nine months since my ?valve? operation and pleased to report all is well. I am feeling quite good and exercising religiously. I am doing a combination of walking three plus miles a day and also going to the gym to ride the bike, treadmill, and use the strength machines. I am surprise how much I have improved in terms of endurance.

My INR has been holding steady at 3.2 ? 3.4 and I have not experienced any spikes in terms of high levels or low levels. I am currently being tested every thirty days and my doctor is telling me I can now go two months, but I think it is better to be tested more frequently.

Next week the wife and I head to New Jersey for a family reunion. My older sister lives in a little town called Califon which is in the central part of the state near the Pennsylvania border. We will have the entire clan in attendance and should be great fun.

In our town of Lincoln they just opened up a brand new heart only hospital. A 44 million dollar, state of the art environment. It is being operated by the Nebraska Heart Institute and they are the same doc?s that did my operation. The web site is:

http://www.nebraskaheart.com/nhh/index.shtml

It is quite the place and they have all the newest equipment there. I got to visit the hospital during their open house a few weeks ago. It was kind of strange to walk into the operating room and listen to the Doctors explain all the various equipment used during a typical operation. I was surprised how cool the room was.

I trust everyone is doing as well as I am. I do check out this site at least 2-3 times a week to see what is new. You all are really caring and wonderful people.

Walter

That is truly great news Walter. I'm happy for you and your new found vigor. Keep up the good work and by all means, stay in touch.

I fixed your link so it's clickable now. hehe

Walter,
That certainly is good news.
It sounds like you are doing all the right things so keep up the good work.

congrat's walter

congrat's walter

Dear walter,it sound slike u are diong great bless u for such a great INr guess u don' t consume greens
:p Anyway , I agree once every 2 month's is pushing i t
never heard a doctor suggest that .
I get mine tested every 5 weeks but mine is also
pretty consistent .
Good luck with your new shiny valve :)
Dara ( new york city)
Tricuspid valve replacement
Feb 9th 20O1
Dr .Val fuster ( my angel )
Dr . Griepp ( surgeon )

Hi Walter-

Gosh, the time has flown since your surgery. You are doing so well. It's wonderful to hear these things and I can hear the happiness in your post.

Thanks for posting your good news.

Walter

Walter

So glad tht you are doing so good and feeling so much better. Also glad that you are doing so much walking. I may not be doing as far you go, but I am walking as much as I can. Keep on walking and the good work. Take care and be good.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Hi Walter

So glad to see your post and hear that you're doing so well. Wow, it truly does seem like a long time ago, doesn't it!!! Listen, if you are any where near Freehold, NJ and have some time, we'll be at the dog show at the park on Kozloski Road. I'm not sure where you are, but know Freehold is about exit 8 on the NJTPike.

Let us know....maybe we can hookup and meet you.

Evelyn

Latest posts

Back