Praline & I will be climbing the mountain 1/18

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

djexec

It's official, pre-op is completed and now only the big day awaits. I have to arrive at St. Josephs Hospital in Atlanta at 5:30 AM. Getting anywhere at 5:30 AM is almost as troublesome as the OHS. I am hoping that my surgeon, Dr. Alan Wolfe, is able to perform a valve sparing aortic root replacement but if the valve looks too bad, I believe he will use the Medtronics Freestyle. I cannot thank all of you enough for your support and for the information and comfort that I have received from VR.com.

Thanks again to you all and I will have someone post for me asap after surgery on Wed.

Deane

Will be thinking of you both and look forward to successful outcomes and big smiles.

Deane

Deane

Hubby, daughter and I spent the night at Marriot on grounds at St. Joseph's...I had to do that scrub thingy..before we went over..they give a discount for patients... They also have a shuttle..just 3 minutes away....The admitting room will be filled..with many people having different surgeries.You will be called back..then prepped. Ask for a good feel shot..EARLY..Your family can go back and sit with you until they come for you....By that time, they could have cut my head off.:D I was so giddy.:p I never remember anything else until I woke up..in a Private room.:) No pain..The nurses are wonderful..Get up and walk the circle around their station.They watch you and make sure you are fine...Rooms have good sleeping chairs..that let down into a bed...and they are so nice to family staying with you.......Also, they have patient e-mails..where people can send e-mails and they bring the e-mails to you....PM me your last name and I will send one.:) ..Good luck to you and Praline. Bonnie

I will be think about you

I will be think about you

I have to be at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. Around here it is easier to get anywhere earlier rather than later because of the traffic.
Surgery is scheduled for 8:00 a. m.
I will be thinking about you.
May God guide your surgeon's hands.

2 more mountaineer-awards to be handed out this week...

I too pray for a safe journey and an uncomplicated recovery

Best of luck to both you, Deane, and Praline on Wednesday.

Hope you both can have someone post an update after surgery.

Deane, you will be in my heart and prayers this week as you have your valve surgery and join us on this side of the mountain. You have many well wishers cheering you on.

Deane,
I'll be thinking of you in the morning. Good luck and God Bless you on your journey.
Mary

Good luck, Deane

Good luck, Deane

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. You will be having a wonderful sleep while some of us are working. I am wishing you a comfortable and speedy recovery and will wait to hear from you on this side of the mountain.

I'll Be Thinking of Ya

I'll Be Thinking of Ya

Praline You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow . I thought i'd be mountain climing tomorrow also but I have to wait till friday. Wishing you a speedy recovery Bob

The Waiting is Finally Over

The Waiting is Finally Over

Deane,

Wishing you well in the morning...I go on shift at 0300 in the morning..Thoughts & Prayers to you both at that early hour...Only us cops are up that early...See you on the other side... :)

Deane-Wishing you a safe journey to the other side of the mountain.

Good luck to you!

Good luck to you!

See you on the other side!

Kristi
mitral repair 11/30/05

Latest posts

Back