Postop symptoms???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedimed

Allright, So I echo'd Michelle's experience of chest pain postop and need to extend t his again to anyone.. perhaps as her responses have been minimal this means not many people experience this??

Ihave been having shooting/peircing pain from my neck down my right arm.. I have to be cautious how i move my arm. Also last night I noticed my 5th finger was cold to touch while others were warm??? Seemed like Reynauds but not visibly so ( no dramatic palor or color change compared to other fingers).

I also have left chest pain when I inhale and notice my heart beating more strongly when I breath in as well. I also have this residual congestion/effusion/atalectasis at right lung base which seems to come and go (chest xray doneyesterday, will get results today I hope)

Just curiuos if anyone has had similar experiences... and yes I have a Postop Echo for this afternoon and will inquire with the staff as to the above symptoms...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/experience

Leah

Leah,

I can only give my own experience. I did NOT have post-op symptoms such as you described. I am glad you are going to the doc this afternoon and will discuss this with him or her. May be something routine but definitely needs to be checked out, in my opinion.

The arm pain sounds like it could be a pinched nerve - quite common considering the way they twist and turn your body during OHS.

The other issue sounds like it could be pericarditis or something similar. Definitely good timing for the doctor.

Hope he finds out what is going on and gets it fixed for you.

Without going into elaboration, I did have some of the issues you speak about. I had the breathing pain for at least two months, and had the weird finger temperature thing for at least several weeks.

I had a sharp pain through my left shoulder post-op depending on how I moved it. The doctor suspected it was a pinched nerve from being twisted like Gumby. It eventually went away. I can't say I had chest pains, but it did hurt to inhale deeply the first few weeks. I attributed that to the incision and sternum being sensitive as opposed to a heart ailment.

Glad to hear you're going to ask the doc. Let us know how it went.

Wayne, I agree it sounds like a pinched nerve, I was only able to catch a nurse this afternoon and although kind, was unable to answer my questions other than to say tat many people experience different sensations,discomforts,pains etc throughout their recovery..

My chest xray results are still pending-hopefully when I call tmw it will have been read-at least by the radiologist.

Mike- thanks, helps to know what others experienced, strange that you had the weird finger temperature thing as well! wow! Will let you know what their thoughts are on this as well.

GeeBee and RobHol- Do you know how we are positioned "twistin and turning?" during surgery? I was unaware but note many people comment on that... It is so strange that the effusion/lung issue has not faded..

Will let you know what I hear when the MD/NP calls back tmw.

Thanks so much for all your experiences and responses.

Leah

Latest posts

Back