Postcards From New England

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gang,

Our visit to Saint John, New Brunswick yesterday included a visit to the famous ?reversing falls,? where the extreme tides of the Bay Of Fundy cause a reversal of the flow of the St. John river at high and low tides. We also went on a wonderful cruise up the St. John river to view the scenery. A lucky sighting was a beautiful bald eagle!

Jim

picture.php
[/IMG]

Hello Friends,

Wednesday we anchored in the harbor at in Bar Harbor, Maine, and we took tenders to shore. Bar Harbor is located on Mount Desert Island, which is about 12 miles by 18 miles in size. The town is a picturesque New England small town with lots of shopping and dining. Our tour took us to Acadia National Park, where the fall colors are near their peak currently. We also drove to the top of Mount Cadillac, one of the tales peaks in the Eastern United States, for a panoramic view of Bar Harbor and its surroundings. In Acadia Park, one of the highlights was our gourmet lunch at Jacob?s Pond restaurant, which features ?popovers? and fresh squeezed lemonade. Now it?s on to Boston for the Caribbean Princess.

This is Jacob?s Pond:

picture.php

Hey there guys...!
Mike and I did the exact same itinerary last October 13 from Red Hook on the Crown Princess. Bar Harbour was our favorite port -- we love the outdoors and the fall foliage was gorgeous in Acadia Nat'l Park.

We're on your ship - the Caribbean Princess in a few weeks sailing the Southern Caribbean out of San Juan.. Can't wait to see the ship..!

Your pics are gorgeous..!! Pro??

Hey there guys...!

Your pics are gorgeous..!! Pro??

I'm a part time newspaper photographer and a serious amateur...been enjoying photography for about 35 years now, including underwater photography. Thanks for the nice comments on the photos.

The Caribbean Princess is a beautiful ship indeed. I'd like to sail on her in the Caribbean myself. You'll have a great time. Princess knows how to run a ship and keep customers happy.

Today we're in Newport for the last day of the cruise then back home tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Jim

Back