Post Surgery: High Pulse - low BP

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaidell

Anyone experience this post surgery? My pulse is 89 when sleeping, 99 resting, and 115-130 when standing/walking. My BP has been steady at 90/60.

I'm concerned with my pulse when standing. I've never had Afib, and would like to avoid it. The won't put me on BB due to my low BP.

Is this something that goes away with time?

Background:

Mitral Valve Repair - Nov 20th
Asymtomatic

Wow your BP and resting HR sound almost identical to what mine was after surgery!!! I was on BB's for about 3 days but they took me off due to low BP. My HR stayed high for about 3 months....... then after I was able to run and work-out more it did drop - it's now about 48-50

I understand that it's pretty normal to have a high HR right after surgery - hang in there and make sure you tell your docs if anything changes

I have no good experience for you, but I still want you to know that my thoughts are with you so much. I wish I could offer you more but my prayers are with you. Please take care and know that you being thought about.

Hi Chaidell,
I had Aortic Valve replacement and ascending aorta repair on november 25th. I am experiencing the same things, only I am on a low dose of beta blocker and ace inhibiter. My Blood pressure is also low, sometimes as low as what your describing, although lately its been a bit higher. I get dizzy when I stand up because of it. My pulse was as high as yours, but has lowered to about 85 resting. In time, our rates will return to normal. Exercise, even walking, will help.

Back