Possible surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alicia

This has happened 2 months in a row. I have developed internal
bleeding from the Coumadin and have terrible nosebleeds and am
developing cysts on my ovaries that are bleeding. My GYN is going to do another ultrasound in 3 weeks and if the cysts are the same size or larger he will have to do surgery to remove the
cysts and the ovaries! I just had MVR on Jan 6,2003 and really
hate the thought of having another surgery so soon.

I cant seem to get my Coumadin regulated. Last week it was too 'low so I had to take 7.5mg Friday night and last night and I
awoke this morning to excrutiating pain in my lower left quadrant and went to my GYN who felt a large cyst/mass. An ultrasound
confirmed it. He did a AC-125 cancer screening test to assure it wasnt cancerous mass.

Hopefuly with Gods hands the cyst will go away so surgery wont be needed. Do any women out there have or had this problem?
I never had problems with cysts until I started taking Coumadin
after my surgery this year.

:confused: :confused:

I have seen this happen to one woman at my clinic. It was related to a high INR, probably due to a drug interaction.

You have some excellent warfarin people available in North Carolina. James Groce, Pharm D (Greensboro) can be contacted through the website www.carsgroup.org Stephan Moll, MD (Chapel Hill) answers questions at www.fvleiden.org

I know them both so tell them that I referred you.
Al Lodwick

Al, What happened to your patient that had the problem? I get the feeling my GYN thinks he will have to do surgery. I had to get him to call in something stronger for pain today. The Darvocet is not providing any relief so he called in Hydrocodone. I hope it helps. I had my INR tested and it was normal 2.8 so its not high. The nosebleeds have stopped but Im still in so much pain from the cysts. Im sorry if I sound like Im whining.
:mad: :confused: :rolleyes:

I purposely left that part out and was hoping that you wouldn't ask -- she had to have them both removed.

Al,
Thanks for your honesty and trying to protect me. I figured Im going to have them taken out eventualy. Im in so much pain today Im ready to get them out. No I take that back, I am not ready! Im such a baby...:mad:

Latest posts

Back