Popping in to say hello...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoVeNY25

Hi Everyone,

You must all think I've become a stranger, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while but don't think for one second that I would forget about my family here at VR. I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day. Life has been very hectic for the little one. I don't even know where to begin. Life has been an up and down roller coaster, In December Chad (my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years) and I broke up. It just wasn't working out for either of us, He had too many problems of his own and for the past year I just seemed to burden him with my own problems.
On the up side, There has been a new addition to the family, A gorgeous baby girl. Actually a Mini-dachschund to be more specific. Her name's Bailey and I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance.
And now the bad news, Last week I unfortunately lost my job. I was working as a physical therapy assistant for a company that was falling into bankruptcy and my bosses became very money hungry and were asking me to take part in charging insurance companies for tests on patients that were not medically necessary and I didn't want to be a part of it. It was morally wrong and I expressed my feelings and got the boot. And now I'm unemployed again with a puppy who still isn't done getting her shots. So, Back to the twice a week therapy sessions and my psychiatrist wants to put me on Lamictal, We've talked about it in the past but I'm still very hesitant about it. Well, Now that I've depressed everyone LOL. I'll stop writing. I hope this post finds everyone healthy and happy as can be. :D Thanks for letting me vent.

hi Nicole,

I always pick up on you, because, I have a cousin, Marilyn, that lives in N.Y. (Yonkers). I also have a younger brother with an only child, named Nicole.:D

It looks like for now your load is a heavy one, but the road of life is still in front of you, with lots of new things ahead. May they all be better ones.

It seems that in life, people come in, stay awhile, leave sometimes or sometimes we leave them, its the nature of things.
On the road of life there are many forks and side streets and we don't or won't choose the same paths.

I think your Job decision was the right one, but letting them know how you felt, probably indicated to them that you were a possible danger. You could possibly, in the future, get them into hot water. AND YOU WEREN'T A TEAM PLAYER.:mad: I hope your future rewards you for doing the right thing. You would not feel good about yourself had you chose otherwise, I believe.

VENT ON! :) :) wishing you well

Hey Young'un - so happy to see you. Was close to pm-ing you to see what's going on, but know yu have been busy with your job and all - well, maybe not this week, huh. My most sincere congratulations for following your good sense and just saying no. Good for you = honesty always pays. Sorry about the guy, but there are always other things to do til another one comes along - play with your Bailey til things pick up again. Bless you, Child - you are special. Love Ann

I'm unlike everyone else, I pick on you because I like too!

It's been awhile since I heard real news of the life of Nicole. I'm sorry things aren't working as they should and many things you mention are going on in my life also, so I know how you feel. I pray that we all get some much needed relief from all the negatives that affect us each day. I guess I'm not going to get the answer that I wanted, but maybe one that I need?

In time, my friend, in time. We will rise again. ;)

Wow! Nicole's so cute I'd like to glue a magnet on her back and stick her on my fridge.

Nicoles newest addition-Bailey

She's cute for a little ankle biter! :D

Last edited:
Hi Again Everyone,

That's my Baby Bailey, Isn't she a cutie!! Thanks so much Ross for posting the pic. You're the best! Just like they always say It always rains the hardest on those who deserve the sun. Love you sweetie!!

Hi Nicole, I know this thread was started a while ago, but I wanted to say a couple of things, 1) I'm sorry about you and Chad. I've had that happen to me, and i know it sucks, but it's true, there are better men out there. 2) I'm sorry about your job, but you did the right thing. You made the moral and LEGAL decision. Insurance fraud is a BAD deal. 3) congratulations on getting Bailey! What a cutie!

Isn't this a great sight? I mean I know we haven't really talked at all, but we all know how you feel, and are here for you. It's hard for people who haven't been through valve replacement surgery to understand what we feel. You are a little bit younger than I am...I think 5 years younger. I understand the feeling of, "why me?" All of us ask that question once in a while, but then aain your situation is a lot different than mine. I have my husband here for me. I am glad that your parents are supportive of you. Mine live 1800 miles away from me. By the way, I was reading the personal stories, and I LOVE your last name, it is so unique! Take it easy, Nicole, and life will get better, I promise!

Joy

Hi Nicole,
We haven't met yet, as I'm new here and only know about you what I've just read. I can see, though, that we share something -- personal commitment to right and wrong. A number of years ago I got myself into a political struggle in a company where I had been working for several years. A very senior executive wanted to do something that I felt was immoral and against some legal agreements, and I spoke out (to him only). Ultimately it cost me that job, and a very difficult year after that. You know what, though? It has worked out for the best -- far better now than I would have expected back then.

So, I know job loss is rough any time, and expecially bad when you're down for other reasons, but keep your wits about you. Give it time, and plan your job search. Use it to occupy your mind, and your mind will work out lots of the other stuff "in the background."

Yell for help when you need to. Everyone here understands everything we are likely to encounter.

hi nicole!
so good to see you again!
i was so sorry to hear that you are going through some tough times in your life.
i often tell my daughters that sometimes it takes some difficult experiences to make life that much more valuable and richer. i know it's hard to see that now from where you are, but give it some time...
on a happier note, bailey is sooooo cute! how old is she? i bet she's great company!
you have been through so much for such a young person. i wish i could take the pain away.

hopefully each day will be a better and brighter one... keep the faith.
we are all here for you if/ when you need us.
be well, sylvia

Hi Nic

Hi Nic

We,ve missed you....REMEMBER..you have to kiss a lot of frogs....to find that PRINCE.:D :D :D Also MEN and their money are so much fun to go out with:D :D :D I know you will not be sitting at home alone..Bailey is so cute..Take care..Bonnie

Hi Nicole!

It's always good to hear from you. You bring so much life and spunk to the rest of us! Bailey is absolutely adorable! She looks like a real sweetheart! I would love to scoop her up...!

Don't worry about the guy. Easy to say, I know, and I'm sure it will take some time to be able to pick yourself up and move on. But go with your gut, "no regrets", don't look back. You will find someone someday who is worthy of you, and meanwhile, don't go settling for second best, no matter how nice he is. If he's not right for you, then he's not right for you. Enjoy yourself and your friends, and don't waste emotional energy. You never know who's gonna be coming around the corner!

Same with the job. Not worthy of you!! And when prospective employers hear why you got ditched, the good ones will be fighting to scoop you up....

Hang in there, and thanks for letting us know. I will be praying for you on these matters.

-Jennie

UPDATE

UPDATE

Hi Everyone, Thanks for the words of encouragement, It's great that I know I can always turn to you guys to get great advice.
I was not out of work too long and went on a few job interviews and I started my new job yesterday. It's a great physical therapy place on L.I. I'm working again as a PT aide. Today was my second day but so far so good. I wish I had more time off between jobs but why didn't anyone tell me how expensive puppies are??:eek: But I love her and when I come home from work she makes it all worth it. :D She's 4 months old now. Well, Gotta go...Thanks again all for being there for me it really is appreciated.

P.S. I'll be attending the 2003 VR Reunion. Hope to see many of you there.

Hey Girl.....So glad to hear from you, and I love your little Doxie!!!

Glad you're back at a new job, who hoo...you don't let grass grow under you, do you.

Stay well, and love yourself first!

Evelyn

Latest posts

Back