Popped stitch on incision

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lanna

Hi, just wanted to know if anyone else had problems with stitches popping open. I had the bottom one pop last week and it was almost healed when I started rehab this week and now the next two popped, which means I will be back at the Dr.'s again tomorrow. They felt I did not need to come in emergency but I will have to possibly have it restiched. Has anyone had this or anyother problems with stitches?

Other than that I felt great at rehab. A little sore but felt good that I could do some things I could not do before surgery.

Thanks for all your help. God Bless, Lanna

2/26/02 Ross procedure
Dr. Stelzer

Joe got a little infection in one of the stitches in his sternum (valve surgery before last), no biggie. The surgeon's office cleaned it up, and that was that.

He also started bleeding in the groin incision (last surgery, minimally invasive). We went to the ER with it because we weren't sure what that was all about. The ER doc cleaned it up, put a dressing on it, checked his INR, it was OK. The bleeding stopped, and that was all there was to that.

I hope everything heals up for you and you don't have to be restitched.

Take care.

hi lanna!
great to see you here again! how are you doing other than the stitches? did you know that dr. stelzer is really sick with the flu or something? we chatted with him earlier tonight on another matter (see post). hope it all turns out ok. listen, better an outer stitch than an inner one, right?
please let us know how it goes.
be well, sylvia

First of all, I had bypass. Had staples in chest and leg (from ankle on into groin). Staples were ok but got infection in incision at bottom of leg by the ankle. There were nylon stitches in there that infected. Required two visits to get them out. But all turned out well. Glad they were in the leg and not the sternum. You will be ok once you see the dr. But keep your eye on it - (huh, like you wouldn't!) God bless

Latest posts

Back