Pollen problems

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Granbonny

I know..most active posters live up North out West or in Fla.but here in Ga. the pollen is awful..all cars in Atlanta are the same color.:D Yellow:p ....I wake up with waterly eyes..which makes them blurred..all day....I do spend time outside walking the dog, ect..which then makes the rest of my head worse in afternoon.:eek: Throat gets tight.....Ears close up, ect..:eek: ....and our pine trees are still a day or so off from Atlanta. should I just leave home?:D And I have had a headache..Not common for me?Any allergy OTC med for people on Coumadin? Hubby is not bothered with it.:mad: .........Bonnie

I work for a Fire Company and we got a call regarding a "spill" on one of the local lakes. The Fire Chief went to look at and called the EPA worried about something "toxic". Turned out it was a huge pollen colony that had settled on the lake because the location is in a bit of a valley and surrounded by hills with lots of trees. The area was 6 inches thick and about 100 feet in diameter.:eek: :eek: :eek:

I take benedryl for my allergies and have no problems. I use the children's strength "fast melt" because they are 1/2 doses and solve the runny nose without making me sleepy.

Gina

Gina

Just walked to den and heard the Atlanta weatherman saying. Pollen is OVER the top....tell me..and we are 100 miles North.:eek: ...and a week away from our trees that have the most pollen:eek: Bonnie

You can take what ever works for your allergies. I've taken them all and Claritin still works the best for me.

The pollen count was over 5000 the past 2 days. I am praying for some rain. My granddaughter and I should own stock in Claritin and Visine. Claritin is the only thing that works for us also. I love Georgia but I hate the pollen and tornado seasons.

we have had it for more than a month. there were so many particles you could see them floating. they filtered through the porch screen and settled on the floor of the porch. Cars are yellow. Imagine how much we are breathing in! my nose drips no matter what I consume to clear it up. Lower part of Fl might be fine, but we are not.

Claritin's good; I take Singulair (prescription). Suggest you use saline nasal spray a lot - get that pollen out of your nose.

It's awful up north too - all the trees are pollinating at the same time, so we're getting hit with both barrels. sneeze, hack, hawk.

5 O'clock news..Atlanta hit the 2nd highest pollen count today..5,937....First was a few years ago and they had rain that day..with an 18 car pileup from slime on the road.:eek: ..Daughter called on way home from work.Said, her hair, face, ect. was covered with pollen from where she parked her car into her office in Atlanta.:mad: ....No rain in sight for Ga....I did buy some Claritin today......Will see..My eyes were a little better today...Funny..temp dropped to 55 degrees in last hours?Bonnie

My husband washed my car last night and called me outside to look at it while it was clean. I left for work at 6 A.M. this morning and there is pollen all over my car and the wind is blowing and it was only 51 at my house. There is a good chance of rain Sunday. I have taken a whole box of Claritin this week.

from cnn quick e-news this morning:

POLLEN COATS SOUTHERN STATES IN YELLOW SHEEN

A yellow haze of pollen descended on the Southeast in the past week, coating
cars and porch furniture and making people miserable in one of the worst
allergy seasons in years.

.. FULL STORY:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/conditions/03/29/pollen.pain.ap/index.html

I rinsed down my car Wednesday. My red car had turned greenish yellow. Some of it just doesn't want to come off and I will have to take it to the car wash. My property is full of pines and oaks and both of them have lots of pollen in early spring - however it's in upper 80s and low 90s already! Summer, not spring?

Hey Bon

Your POLLEN problems hit the NY news Wednesday night. They were saying it's the worst it has ever been down there. They even had Atlanta PD cars with pollen all over them.......wow!!! I'd probably be in the hospital from that one.

Ev

My husband said he was watching the weather channel and they were showing the pollen in Georgia. He said it looked like snow coming down. Our pollen is pretty bad as well, but I'm not allergic, so other than the mess, it's not really a bother to me. Lots of sneezing, stuffy people around though. I just got a new car - black - and it will probably need to be washed every day. My front porch is coated with it and it's floating on top of the puddles. We've had some rain and are supposed to be getting more tomorrow, so it should be getting better.

Bonnie,

It is the same here in South Carolina! EVERYTHING covered!! I have found that if I use a nasal saline spray(salt water) and non-medicated eye drops a few time a day it realy helps me.

Nothing for us southerners to do but wait it out. Bet you look good in yellow.;)

Tom

We had a lot of rain today and hopefully, it has cleared the air for awhile. this rain may travel on up yonder and Ga, etc will get washed clean, too.

We had a little rain at our house yesterday but not much,about 1/8th inch. We need a lot more . Its suppose to rain again tomorrow night and then the temps are dropping to the 30s again. My neighbor just planted the rest of his garden yesterday and his corn is just coming up.

Back