Poll Re: PH, CHF, Anemia, regurgitation, rheumatic fever

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poll Re: PH, CHF, Anemia, regurgitation, rheumatic fever

• pulmonary hypertension

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • congestive heart failure

• anemia

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • aortic valve regurg./replacement

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • mitral valve regurg./replacement

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • tricuspid regurg./replacement

• pulmonary regurg./replacement

• rheumatic fever

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Nancy

There seem to be a few people who have several conditions including pulmonary hypertension, CHF, anemia, various valve regurgitations and rheumatic fever. Just wanted to get some feedback on how many people have these conditions.

But Nancy...

But Nancy...

The poll will only let you click on ONE thing.

Don't vote on the poll yet. I set it up wrong

Don't vote on the poll yet. I set it up wrong

Help with the poll, Hank, please. I wanted all of the poll options clickable. Right now you can only vote for one thing.

Poll

Poll

Hi Nancy,
Glad to hear Joe is doing so well. What a miraculous recovery, he fights so hard and wins. Continued strength to both of you.

Did you leave off stenosis and tricuspid valve on purpose? Do you only want it to count if you have regurg but have not had a replacement? Are you looking to determine the effects of rheumatic heart disease?

fdeg

What I am trying to do is to find out how many people on the board have CHF, pulmonary hypertension and/or anemia. I am also looking to find out how the numbers add up with the various valves and these conditions. I'm looking for numbers on rheumatic fever also. My feeling is that there are more people with some of these conditions than we know, but I guess I'll find out if I'm right.

The tricuspid is there and in the interest of brevity, stenosis could also be lumped with the valve info. The rules say to keep it short in the explanation.

Hank has to make the edit changes on a poll to make all the things clickable. I guess once it's in the system, only he can change it.

Hey Nancy,

I had Pulmonary Hypertension prior to my surgery. It was only discovered when they wheeled me into the OR and did the TEE. It has since resolved, but it nearly did me in right after the operation. The cardio and surgeon both seem to think it was my stenotic mitral valve that caused the PH.

It took many weeks to resolve, and I was discharged with the warning that it may never improve, and I would have to be followed very closely. Needless to say, I was quite relieved when subsequent echoes showed it has cleared up.

No RF or CHF (at least no diagnosis of CHF, but looking back, I think I had all the symptoms).

Hi Nancy

Hi Nancy

Are you going to try your luck at the poll again? I'm also interested in the information.

I'll be watchin' for this one.

I will try again, maybe I should just forget about trying to fix this one, and start a whole new one. I'll fool around with it later.

Hi Nancy, I have had regurg on all my valves but only my mitral valve has been replaced, So I guess I have had it all!

Nancy

Nancy

I've had 4 of them, 2 as a child, RF and anemia, and as an adult MVR & CHF

Terry40

Back