policosinal - coumadin - cholesterol

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon

So has anyone used or know anything about policosinal (I think that's the spelling)? I went to a Naturopathic doctor who has advised me to try it for my high cholesterol. It's made out of sugar and I have read about it but don't know of anyone who has used it. I've already tried diet, niacin gave me rapid heart beats, and lipitor made my legs feel like lead when I exercised. The only diet that really worked and that got me down to 200 (I'm usually at 260) was the Dean Ornish diet - but it is such an extreme diet that I just couldn't do it for the rest of my life. I hate taking meds - coumadin is enough. I'm sort of a vegetarian - eat an occasional egg and some cheese and a bit of salmon a few times a month. Also use flax seed. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sharon
St Judes av 4/97

yes i have heard of it. it is from metagenics. the product is called cholarest. i wrote about it before on this forum.Info taken from the metagenics book: a natural compound derived from sugarcane that delivers powerful,natural support for the healthy blood lipid levels and other important factors related to cardiovascular health. supports healthy lipid metabolism,supports the health of arterial walls by preventing lipid peroxidation, effects platelet function which is an important factor in supporting healthy blood flow, and helps to maintain healthy blood pressure levels already within normal range.It is made from sugarcane and has alot of studies backing it up. If you are on coumadin, use it slowly as it might change your inr. using it slowly will give your time to adjust your coumadin dose accordingly.If you need more info, let me know. however you should probably be able to obtain the product from your naturopathic doctor.

policosonal

policosonal

Azpam, many thanks. I've tried to look titles up to see if they were previously discussed on vr but haven't had success. I thought there was a way to find things by title (in the past there was a way), but the site must have been changed and being computer-challenged I've not been able to figure out the new system. Where can I find your original post? I did get some pills from the naturopath but before I take stuff I like to research as best I can and when I start on anything new of course it is always at a much slower pace than in the old days before surgery. Your info has been very helpful.
Sharon
St Judes avr 4/97

not sure how to get to my original post because i am computer challenged too but the above post probably says more than the original post. i am a dealer from metagenics but i am sure anyone can get into the website for info on any of their products. www.metagenics.com. again the product is called cholarest. :)

Thank you Azpam. Has Metagenics done any specific research having to do with coumadin/cholarest interaction that you know of?

Sharon

Latest posts

Back