Please allow me to introduce myself....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decisions?????

Decisions?????

Hi Mate,
I can relate very closely to where you are at. I go in next Friday.

I found that all the info can overload you at the moment, and if you are like me, you know you are not thinking as clearly as you are used to. I found it useful to take through some of these issues with the surgeon who was able to really simplify things into the main issues for me. In talking to my surgeon the other day, he always aims for repairs where possible but sees the next best option as mechanical replacement. The thought of a number of theses operations using tissue put me off.

For me I tried to simplify it.

1. Repair so long at it does not place too many physical restrictions on activities and is likely to need repeated nip and tucks.
2. Replace with mechanical. A reliable tried and tested model. From what I have read and been advised the anticoagulants if used and tested in a routine manner arn't too much of a lifestyle change.

Good luck with it all.

Aussie Chris,
Thank you for your input. I truly appreciate the support that you and so many have been providing.

I?m glad that the decision came to you intuitively. That is a gift from above.

I wish you a smooth sailing through the surgery and recovery. Soon you?ll be out with your family enjoying the good weather.

Back