Pictures from the marathon.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Wagner

I am not sure if this will work. My brother put this together ...

Photo Album: 2005 Virginia Mason Team Medicine (Seafair) Marathon

Mark

Karlynn said:
Mark,
I got a page requiring an email address and password.

Me too. Mark just post your address and password, and we'll all use it! ;) ;) ;) ;)

Mark Wagner said:
I am not sure if this will work. My brother put this together ...

Photo Album: 2005 Virginia Mason Team Medicine (Seafair) Marathon

Mark

Beginning of the half-marathon. The previous is a shot of my brother, and myself, whom volunteered at the marathon EXPO the day before.

In the answer to the above question. No my brother just volunteered during the EXPO. The end of 26.2. "Put a fork in me .... I'm well done!"

Ross said:
Either I haven't seen you in too long or your getting younger, which is it? :)

If you notice Ross, as each year passes, the hairline moves a little more to the rear of the picture. What's up with that ??! :confused:

Mark Wagner said:
If you notice Ross, as each year passes, the hairline moves a little more to the rear of the picture. What's up with that ??! :confused:
Hair thief? Seriously though, your lookin great!

Mark Wagner said:

No no no no no that's the wrong way to look at it. Your hair isn't moving, back, your head is moving forward. ;)

Way to go on the run -

Congratulations Mark, on your great accomplisment! You have inspired me to ride a century (100 miles in one day, sort of a bicyclist's marathon) next year. I'll be having MV surgery this September, so hopefully I'll be ready by next spring or early summer. Any training tips after surgery?

Hjbiker said:
Congratulations Mark, on your great accomplisment! You have inspired me to ride a century (100 miles in one day, sort of a bicyclist's marathon) next year. I'll be having MV surgery this September, so hopefully I'll be ready by next spring or early summer. Any training tips after surgery?

My only advice I can really offer, is to go slow right after surgery and listen to your doctors advice on when to start working out some. Take your time and don't rush it. The advice you will hear on this site and from your doctor will be, "listen to your body." When your ready to start training, put your schedule on a calandar a couple of months out, and cross off each work out. Myself, I may miss a work out, but I guarantee you I will make it up some where along the way. You do that for 6 weeks and working out will come as easily as brushing your teeth. If you miss a work out you will feel like you have gritty teeth and bad breath! :D To me, working out has to be made a top priority, and that may mean doing if after the the rest of the house has gone to bed. If it does not go to the top of the priority list, and some point it starts slipping lower down the paper, and the next thing you know you have not worked out for the past week. It also helps to sign up for an event, so you have something your always working towards in the future. I am not a cyclist, but we have many valvers that are. I am sure they can give you some excellent advice. Take care ... Mark

Thanks Mark for the excellent advice! I especially like the idea of signing up for an event ahead of time so you have a goal to work towards. So, with that in mind, I'm going to enter the Solvang Century next March. Should be fun! Take care. HJ

Latest posts

Back