Peachtree Road Race

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry45

I will be running the Peachtree Road Race July 4th!! I have been working on my 10K run and I'm as ready as I'm going to be. I'm not worried about time this year, just want to run, regain some confidence, finish strong, and most of all..have fun! I will be in group G and will post my results..

From what I've read, it isn't even possible to run Peachtree hard because of the enormous crowds.

Have a great time....Peachtree is one week before the Utica Boilermaker up here in central NY. Both great races....

Great to hear you're doing the race. Wishing you most importantly a temporary break in our crazy weather, otherwise you may be able to swim down Peachtree tomorrow...

Update: Race complete! Great event and the rain held off. Was really surprised how fast the race seemed to go by. It was over before I knew it. Time was 1hr 7 min and 10:58 per mile avg pace. Needless to say, not my best time but I was very happy with it and will take it. Not a bad way to run into the 11 month mark in a few days! A great crowd considering the flash floods and rains. Total milage for the day was 9.5 miles after adding in the walking to and from the MARTA station, the 10K and after race activities at Piedmont park. No problems and everything felt great. My max HR was 162 bpm for a very brief time and averaged around 153 bpm. Next big race will be the Army 10 miler!

Congrats on the finish. Good for you. Always makes you feel better when you accomplish a new goal. Keep up the good work. When is the Army 10 miler? Do find that distance too often.

The ten-miler is in October in Washington DC. This will be my third time and I'm really looking forward to it. I love the event and entire weekend.

Latest posts

Back