Paradoxical Septal Motion

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coryp

Hello Everyone,

I wonder if anyone can lend some input on this?

I am 2.5 yrs post surgery (avr and aneurysm) and seem to be doing just fine.
I have completed my most recent Echo which seemed to be quite normal, with just 1 new finding a PARADOXICAL septal motion was noted during LV M mode.

Is this a normal finding? So far I cannot get an answer?
Need less to say I am a little perturbed since I cannot find anything from anyone about this and that my cardio is out until next week.

I have read something from the Journal of cardio thoracic medicine that states an INTERVENTRICULAR septal motion is common after OHS or CABG but wouldn't the Paradoxical be the opposite to this?

Thank you in advance. I would appreciate you sharing your experiences with me.

Cory

Cory, I'm glad that Betty found this for you- I too did a search and couldn't come up with anything. Please stick with us and let us know what your cardio has to say. Best wishes,
Phyllis

Hello,

I guess this is a very unknown issue as I cannot find anything out and nobody seems to have any feedback or experience?

Thank you for viewing

coryp said:
Hello,

I guess this is a very unknown issue as I cannot find anything out and nobody seems to have any feedback or experience?

Thank you for viewing

No information on this, but I'm glad to see you stick your head in for whatever reason!:p
I miss you, my valve replacement buddy!:)

Cory, did you go to the link I posted? There is an explanation of what it is that is quite good as well as some possible causes of it. If the link doesn't work for you then please let me know and I'll do a synopsis for you, OK?

I did look at it thank you, but the writing is quite broad and none seem to relate to my case specifically.

Sorry just a little confused.

Cory

Back