Painful Sneezing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmstallard

I'm just shy of two months out, and I just now sneezed without it being painful. Woohoo!! I didn't think I would be this happy about something so minor, but there you go.
:thumbup:

Speaking of sneezing, if you're just out of surgery and don't want to sneeze, press inward on your upper lip and it will stop the urge to sneeze. It worked for me every time I tried it, but your results may vary.

Glad to hear it. I remember my first sneeze the second time around :eek2: I was not prepared for it :eek2: Oh, the pain :eek2:

I'm just shy of two months out, and I just now sneezed without it being painful. Woohoo!! I didn't think I would be this happy about something so minor, but there you go.
:thumbup:

Speaking of sneezing, if you're just out of surgery and don't want to sneeze, press inward on your upper lip and it will stop the urge to sneeze. It worked for me every time I tried it, but your results may vary.
I'm at the same stage as you, and I can also now sneeze without pain. I have a little discomfort to the right of my sternum, about halfway down, when I take a really deep breath, but that's improving also. I think it takes a long time for the sternum to fully heal.

Good to hear. I'm just shy of a month out. Still doing 'half-sneezes' and squeezing the pillow. Eating cough drops like crazy to keep the seasonal allergy cough to a minimum.

Back