Pain killers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't do Oxycodone, or Oxycontin in Hospital. It makes my head feel like it's vibrating and I don't like it a bit. They gave me Hydromorphone for the Three post surgery days I was in, but sent me home with Tylenol 3, which has a bit of codeine. I took a couple of those a day for the following two weeks but that was it for me. It hurt, and I didn't like it but they weren't offering more and anyway, I figured it was better to deal with a bit of pain than to have to 'dry out' from meds. The actual pain I was feeling by week three was really no different from what was still recurring up till about month 7 or 8, but with decreasing frequency.

TheGymGuy Why I can not see your link? It says: you do not have permission to access this page. :confused::confused::confused:

I blog on here, and for some reason its not available to you. Perhaps, only premium users can see, I do not know. :(

Here is a cut-and-paste:

Wanted to chime in about pain meds. One advice that I got is to ween yourself slowly off of them. Basically, the idea was cut your does a little every other day, until you are complete off of it.
I was off of pain meds pretty fast, method suggested to me was something like this:

1. every 4 hours initially
2. every 6 hours for 2 days
3. every 8 hours for 2 days, add tylenol in between (4 hours)
4. twice a day (one was before sleep), use tylenol every 4 - 6hrs as needed 1-2 days.
5. switch to tylenol completely. every 4-6 hours.

Repeat this protocol to get off the tylenol

You have not posted in three weeks, must be doing a lot better in the pain department. What the pharmist won't tell is that they cannot dispense the pain killers as much as we would like, it is federal guideline dicating and regulating the pharmacy on pain meds. It is due to those who get addicted to these pain meds and controling how much we get of them. Hope you are doing better. Hugs for today.

Back