:( overwhelmed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani's nana

I had my aortic valve replaced March 9. First time I have felt good in years! No shortness of breath....lost 25 lbs and felt great.

Last week I was a little short of breath after walking up the stairs to my church. Figured it was just me getting back into shape. Fast forward to Monday afternoon, went to catch my daughter's horse for the farrier. I was so out of breath of he was at the opposite end of the pasture and I had to walk quite aways uphill. Tuesday my neighbor suggested I call my doctor. Went to acute care and was sent to the heart hospital er... Was diagnosed with congestive heart failure, started on diuretics.

Sure wish that the doctors had diagnosed my congenital heart defects (bicuspid valve and coarcation of the aorta) I am sure if I had been diagnosed as an infant (who never used her legs till I was 15 months old, doctor said I was just lazy)In my 59th year of life I was found out to the be the lucky recipient. I would not have damaged my heart from not knowing. Just praying for future generations that the doctors will check out everything before saying the child is just lazy....

I'm sorry to hear that. What has your cardiologist said with regards to your CHF? - You're a trooper, you've survived this long and I know you'll be here for much longer. Heck, I'll be lucky to reach your age and they knew about my condition from birth. We live in a day and age where cardiology is advancing at a rapid rate, and there's options to help treat CHF.

Hi Nana, My wife's aunt got CHF and got a pacemaker. She's doing great.
Did they tell you the BAV contributed to the CHF, or is it an assumption you're making?

Back