Our Lady Ann asked me to share this with you.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rain

Mornin, Rain. from the current storm, we got only very light (pleasant) winds that are still blowing. It's in the wee hours and I just went on the porch to sit and rock awhile and discovered it is coolish, a bit windy, and very, very comfortable out there. Our 'other' brother who was to be the principal speaker tomorrow at Jackie's celebration of life services, was hit quite badly yesterday - on the east coast of Fl, so he can't come. My friend in Punta Gorda was hit again (3rd time). I called her and could hear the winds. The tarps that have been put on her house to protect from rains til they can get outside walls fixed and roof replaced, were being torn from their house as we spoke. She said there was a snake in her pool that she discovered as we talked. This is the most terrible storm season there has ever been. We just want winter to come and get it over with. November ends the hurricane season.

We are holding on. My daughters are here and very protective of me. Son and other sister arrive this afternoon.

I have no objection to you telling vr this message - I won't be posting for a few days and someone might want to know we are still alive down here in Florida. But, like those pennies, I will turn up before too long.

Thanks for thinking of us, Rain. Kind thoughts are so precious, you know.

Love Ann

Poor

Poor

Florida :( praying for all ..and that December will hurry up.. love yaps

Hey Rain,
Thanks for posting about Ann, I am glad to hear they are hanging in there.
Ann and her family are still in my thoughts and prayers
Take Care

I am glad your ok Hensy

I am glad your ok Hensy

Hi Hensy,
Just want to let you know that I will be thinking of you tomorrow and I pray that you will stay strong and know that your in all our hearts, and please tell your family that I am glad they are ok after these horrible storms. Take Care, Harrybaby666 :D :D :D

If this Horrible Weather Season Keeps Up....

If this Horrible Weather Season Keeps Up....

Hey Rain,

If this horrible hurricane season keeps up like this, Colorado may just be overly bombarded by Floridians and East Coast People.....Got....Room??? LOL Harrybaby :D

This has been the year that we have paid the price for living in paradise. After dodging the bullet with the first three storms, we finally got a bit of a hit this weekend here in Sarasota, with 60 mph winds and heavy rain for most of Sunday. We were fortunate to only have some minor wind damage to our house. Several large oak trees came down in the neighborhood, but fortunately didn't hit any homes.
Still a lot of debris on the roads and many traffic signals are out of commission.
Again, we were very fortunate not to lose electrical power (or cable TV/Internet - we got to watch about 60 straight hours of weather radar on TV!!!). Many people in the area lost power early Sunday morning and with the resources of the utility companies already stretched to the limit by the previous storms, they are making no promises about when they can restore power - maybe three weeks for some outlying areas.
I do a lot of volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity, but we have been forced to delay work on houses until at least the end of the year due to the lack of volunteers and materials - everything is being diverted to the repair of storm damage - rightfully so.
Our thoughts and prayers are with those who were not so fortunate and will have their lives disrupted for the coming weeks and months.

Dear Ann

Dear Ann

I have been watching the weather channel all day..praying that the weather will be good tomorrow. It's looks like it will. :) Seem like you may even have some sun :) I'm so glad you have your family there for you..Tomorrow will be hard for you..but I'm sure you will have better days to follow. You are such a wonderful and caring person... :) :) Take care...and come back on VR.com when you feel up to it..I love you..Bonnie

Ann, my thoughts will be with you tomorrow. I feel so badly for you and your family. Please take care, watch the weather and remember that your friends here on VR are thinking of you and praying for you!

I have been watching the Weather Channel, too...
A friend lives in Fort Pierce FL, about 3MI from the ocean, I think. She's been living at her dtr's further inland since the hurricane right before Labor Day. I think they lost some roofing then, power. Son in Fort Worth area overnighted a generator, but gas so precious they use it only sparingly. I saw her 9/11 in Houston area when she judged a cat show there. She was thrilled to be enjoying air-conditioning and lots of hot water, hot food.
This past weekend's storm hit her home again, tore the siding off, a screened room is gone. Haven't heard anything else.

Just can't imagine the constant threat... We have tornadoes in the spring in TX, but they don't cut a wide path like hurricanes.

Latest posts

Back