Oops, should've said down!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail in Ca

Sorry I used up instead of down, I have been
under some stress and feel somewhat out of it lately, since that trip. Maybe it was just coincidence that my inr was way down. However , even when I increased my dose it didn't go up much.
The nurses who adjust my dose had me hold a dose just before I left for FL and my inr was just 3.5. I really don't like to hold my dose as it's not that out of range ( for me-2.5-3.0). So, basically, it went from 3.5 to 1.7 in 3 days. This happened when I went to Hawaii in June also.
I sure don't like holding a dose unless it's way up. I think I will try to talk them out of that next time it's slightly out of my range.
Anyway, I still am trying to get my cardiologist to let me adjust my own dose , but he is on vacation. There is a chart the nurses use and I want that for myself.
Thanks for all the responses!
Gail in cooler CA

I never hold a dose. My INR seems to plummet. Gina has mentioned the same problem. I will take a half dose instead. After telling the Coumadin nurse what I was doing, and talking to her about past results after held doses, she agreed that my way was best. Remember, they don't always go back in your chart to check personal history, and treat everyone the same!

Hi Lisa

How are you? Glad to see you posting again! :). Yep, cutting the dose for a day works like a charm when my INR is too high. Holding just causes it plummet.

Gail.....I am with you on the stress. Under a horrific amount at the moment myself. My activity level has increased ten fold over the last week.Have not been eating much at all do to nerves. Was expecting a high reading today....insted 2.7.

Guess it is due to the increased activity.

Latest posts

Back