One year already!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielB

All,

Hard to believe it's been one year since my AVR, but is has. Had a check-up yesterday and all that they can find to chase is some minor anemia (they feel is unrelated to my surgery) and some lingering sternum soreness from my wire removal surgery in July. Overall, all good. It's been a very interesting journey in the last couple of years -- coming from no known heart ailment to the waiting room, expecting 4-6 year wait, to being moved to the front of the line (15) months ago when symptoms showed up. The surgery was as I expected (thanks to this great forum), though with a number of 'bumps' in recovery including a very sore shoulder, sternum wire issues and heart block that lead to a pacemaker being implanted. Don't interpret any of that as complaining, far from it. I'm happy to be on the other side, doing well and looking forward to many more years of celebrating my other 'birthday'.

Thanks again to everybody here for sharing their experiences and advice -- it has and continues to be an inspiration for me.

Dan

Latest posts

Back