One Week in the Books

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! Thanks Vadim! Vadim: In fact, I took a few of your milestones from your recovery plan to use as goals for myself. Today I walked 4 miles (17.38 min/mi), which is on par to what you did. Thank you everyone for the inspiration and support.

Anthony, next thing you know you will be speed walking and interval speed walking. Once you get more comfortable you will start using your legs and even hands more and more. Soon, in about 12 weeks, you will be climbing and bouldering again. For now, maintain shape, work legs and get off all the drugs except for Coumadin. You got a bright road ahead my friend. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey.

Hey Anthony I've just been reading your blog (procrastinating at work, shhhh) - highly recommended reading for any athlete or wanna-be athlete heading towards surgery!

FYI I've got a mech valve too and I recently took up mountain biking, fall off frequently, and have yet to bleed out, or even bleed very much. Climbing definitely won't be an issue for you! Best of luck with your continued recovery and I look forward to reading more blog updates!!

Latest posts

Back