One more day

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jade45

Hey! Just wanted to check in and to say hello to all our new members,my appt. for my cardio is on the Wed.I haven't seen him for a long time,boy is he going to be mad at me LOL,anyway I've been doing some research on the net so when I do go I can understand a little bit more of what he's telling me,I know alot of you all have already done the valve replacement, I'am a little like
Joe,Nancy's husband I got a lot of little complications going on besides my mitral valve,I found out form my doc I don't just have
the CHF but I have COPD on top of that,and Nancy, did Joe's
multi-valve and lung surgeries deal with his rheumatic fever or was it combined effect of CHF also,he's had alot of surgeries,.?

I would like to say hello to diana thorley one of our new members,sisters of that rheumatic bug.HA HA,diana if you would I like to hear more of your story.I know I sound like a scarty cat,but I got 2 young kids at home and some sound input and some good helpful judgement calls would help me out alot.

Hoping for a good report
jade LOL
:confused:

Hi Jade-

I want to wish you well with your cardiology appt. on Wednesday. Be sure to let us know what happens.

Joe's heart surgeries were from the effects of rheumatic fever and resulting valve stenosis and regurgitation. His lung conditions are different. One was a benigh tumor which was growing and causing pain. The other was for a "trapped lung" which was caused by scar tissue. The source of this is an unknown. I sometimes wonder if rheumatic fever causes lung damage also. Joe has never smoked, so that was not an issue and that has probably saved his life several times over. He has congestive heart failure which is mostly under control and has afib which is controlled by his pacemaker. He does not have COPD but does have secondary pulmonary hypertension.

Joe has had a lot of surgery, for sure, and maybe more to come, he's got a possible incisional hernia. We'll know in a couple of weeks.

Rheumatic fever is a dastardly disease!

Latest posts

Back