One Day in Las Vegas. Suggestions Please

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie Chris

My wife has just found out that she has been selected as one of the recipients of the Company Presidents award which is a 4 day trip to Costa Rica in early February. :D :D :D It is a long way for 2 Aussies to go for just 4 days but we are just so excited. On the way back we stop for one day in Vegas and are looking for suggestions for what to do for 2 non gamblers.????:cool:

Any suggestions please.

Cheers,
Chris

PS. If it was later in the year I might have been able to attend my first VR.com reunion.

Sounds like great fun - I hope you enjoy it.

If you are a Star Trek fan there is a wonderful experience at the Las Vegas Hilton.

The shops at Ceasar's Palace, the Venetian or the Alladin are all great places to visit even if you don't buy anything - fun to just hang out.

The fountains at the Bellagio are a must to see. Down the road from there at the Mandalay Bay resort is an aquarium called Shark Reef that is amazing. The Mandalay Bay also has a lot of great places to eat and is a fun people watching place.

There are a lot of taxis available to go from place to place if you are not renting a car so getting around is easy.

Here is a good website but there are many more:

http://www.lasvegas.com/attractions/index.html

You will find one day is not much time but you will definitely be able to fill it.
Have fun.

I agree there is lots to do in Vegas - even for non gamblers. I just got home from Vegas last night. We were at a trade show. We stayed at Treasure Island for the first time and I couldn't be happier with it. Not too pricey and REALLY nice. Anyway... spend a little time on some Vegas web sites and go see some of the hotels/attraction that you are interested in. The fountains at the Bellagio are a real treat. There is a nice restaraunt at Paris that is outdoors right across the street from the fountains. It is the best place to watch them. The Wynn has a beautiful bar that overlooks a shallow lake with a HUGE waterfall (drinks are pricey tho). The view from the top of the Stratosphere and/or the RIO are really impressive. There are too many good restaraunts to name. There are always great shows going on...Vegas is a fun town. I go 3-4 times a year and I don't gamble at all.
Have fun!

Briansmam and Geebee covered the highlights. The MGM Grand is also an experience. At New York, New York there's a great roller coaster. If you're into the daring stuff there's also one at the top of the LandMark.

If you're a people watcher there's plenty to see. :D

I'm going to be there Feb 4. My son is getting married there. I only live 2.5 hours so it's very convenient.

Hope you have a great time.

All great suggestions so far. These hotels are like mini-cities. Many are just HUGE. Best not to try to book too many of them into one day as it will be mentally exhausting and a lot of ground to cover.

Only you know what kind of entertainment ingtirgues you so definitely go to a website and start taking notes. These places are all very theme oriented. I recommend the newer places as they are just abit more over the top.

If you can book a Cirque de Soleil show, you will be absolutely amazed. I've also heard that the Blue Man Group is fun.

Sounds like a great trip!! Good luck! Enjoy!

Marguerite

I'm with Marguerite. Cirque du Soleil would be at the top of my list. There may be multiple shows at different locations, all are wonderful. Stretch a little before you go; each show should have the warning "don't try this at home" but who can resist?
Philip

Another great show, sorry if its a repeat, but I didn't see it listed, is The Blue Man Group. I believe its at the Luxor.

I don't gamble, and have a lot of fun every time I go to Vegas.

One more suggestion, you must bring comfortable shoes! There is a lot of walking in Vegas, and even if you are there for one day... you feet will get tired quick. I would have enjoyed Vegas more, if the first day I didn't end up with about 6 blisters on each foot.

Have fun!

Thank you all for the suggestions.

That is a very useful site you suggested Gina.

We are planning to get very little sleep that night in Vagas so we can cram in as much site seeing and then maybe squeeze in a flight over the Grand Canyon before leaving for home. As you say one day really is not long enough.

Oh WOW! Chris...
This little Aussie will be looking forward to seeing piccies of the highlights of your day in Vegas!
Congrats to your wife...what a super reward!

Back