on-x valve size - mitral position

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

westie

i have just discovered my on-x valve card in my utes glovebox. it has a handwritten entry stating the size is 25/33. does that mean my valve does both sizes? ( i would have expected that there would be little tolerance in fit )

are these big or small sizes?

It is explained in On-X Clinical Update Number 16, found at: http://www.onxlti.com/onxlti-pdfs.html#

?The On-X valve with a Conform-X cuff in the mitral position measures 25mm at the cuff attachment to the orifice and size 35mm at the outer rim of the cuff (Figure 2d). This means it can fit in annulus sizes 25mm to 35mm.? Yours must be sized slightly differently from what is described in the brochure, since you indicated your card indicated yours was 25/33 (versus 25/35).

The 25mm looks like the smallest for that model mitral valve. The model above it in Figure 2c, which is also a mitral valve, has a 23mm version that would be smaller.

You can check with On-X if you want to verify.

My daughter Chloe has the on-x valve. Hers is an 25mm and was put in mitral position when she was just 18 months old with a hugely swollen heart. It's the smallest valve they do and her surgeon told me it's 'small adult' size.
xxx

89 kgs

89 kgs

My daughter Chloe has the on-x valve. Hers is an 25mm and was put in mitral position when she was just 18 months old with a hugely swollen heart. It's the smallest valve they do and her surgeon told me it's 'small adult' size.
xxx

hi emma

i am quite a large and tall 89 kg male and presumed i had been implanted with either a medium or large size valve; i am suprised to learn is a "small adult size".

there has never been any suggestion i have a small heart.

anyone know the criteria surgeons use to determin implanted valve size?

Westie

I am 5ft 7ins tall and weigh 62kg, and the On-x valve I have is size 25/33mm also.

Bridgette

hi emma

i am quite a large and tall 89 kg male and presumed i had been implanted with either a medium or large size valve; i am suprised to learn is a "small adult size".

there has never been any suggestion i have a small heart.

anyone know the criteria surgeons use to determin implanted valve size?

Sorry I don't know how they would determine the valve size or indeed say what a 'small adult' is. Mind you, this was coming from her surgeon who is about 6ft 4 and no small size himself! lol

Pleased to hear it's not so small adult size now tho - maybe some hope Chloe's will last her and not need replacing due to size.

xxx

Latest posts

Back