Ole Man Winter - Man is he mean this year!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man this just plain sucks. Cannot get out of my driveway. I had big time plans for making a very lovely Valentines day dinner for us and now it appears it's going to turn to hotdogs and chips. This plain sucks. Oh I already said that. :mad:

I feel for all of you..:( Except Ross you should have planned ahead.:p We empty our grocery shelves here in Georgia if they are calling for flurries:D ..which they are for tomorrow night -Sat. a.m..:p ..........We had 8 inches 2 weeks ago.....It was pretty..but after taking pictures, feeding birds, putting another log on the fire..what do you people do during the day? I know those of you who are posting have power.:) ..I cooked..ate too much..for 2 days..until our roads were cleared.:D .........Geebee. I think I have that plant next to my birdbath.....When we have our first frost..the stems die..and I cut it down..The other day..I saw tiny little buds coming back up..Looks like small cabbages?.. and it will grow as soon as Spring comes...It does not get as big as yours because we don't have sun in yard..:mad: In fact..we still have a few clumps of snow left from 2 weeks ago.:eek: .............Windy and cold tonight...Bonnie

So Far Here In My Part Of NH...

So Far Here In My Part Of NH...

We have maybe 8 inches with another 8 to 10 due tonight...and talk about windy....although my area seems to have dodged the main part of the storm...this should be interesting.. Hope everyone else stays safe...Harrybaby:D :D

geebee said:
The plant in the left foreground - I am sorry to say I do not know the name. What you are seeing is the remains of a flowering stem that comes up from the center of a long, multileafed plant. Chris and I call it our Ohio century plant because it reminds us of the Century plant but that is not it. I cannot get a photo of the rest of the plant because it is covered in snow. I have been told we should cut the stem each year but we kind of like the way it looks.:confused: :D

The rest of the photo is a close up of a 25 foot tree that is in our front yard. I think it is a Maple but, again, not sure. I am very botany challenged.:eek: :D ;)

I would like the way it looks also; understand your thinking there. Maybe that is because I am also botany challenged?

I would not dare complain about our cold - not in this bunch. You'd ban me from this site forever. I pray you all will be safe. and soon warm again. This is a weird winter, for sure.

The good after the bad....

The good after the bad....

And after bad things - good things follow. Here is a small example of how the beauty and wonder of an ice storm walk hand in hand with the bad.

God made a gorgeous day here in Ohio.

and the bad - sort of....

and the bad - sort of....

And, if you have "RealVideo" installed on your computer, you can watch a great video of a crash caught on a police cruiser camera near here Tuesday night. I have attached a link to the TV station website that has a link to the video. I should mention that NO ONE was hurt which is amazing.

http://wcpo.com/news/2007/local/02/14/erlanger_ax_folo.html

geebee said:
And, if you have "RealVideo" installed on your computer, you can watch a great video of a crash caught on a police cruiser camera near here Tuesday night. I have attached a link to the TV station website that has a link to the video. I should mention that NO ONE was hurt which is amazing.

http://wcpo.com/news/2007/local/02/14/erlanger_ax_folo.html

They showed it on the news here in Louisville, it was pretty scary to watch! Can't believe no one was hurt.

That is a beautiful picture, geebee!

We did have a blizzard in NW Ohio Tuesday Night and Wednesday early. 40+ mph winds with an estimated 14" of snow here locally.
I spent many, many hours behind the wheel of my old Bronco with a snow plow. I made more $ in 1 1/2 days than I paid for the old Bronco.
But man am I worn out. You would be amazed how hard it is on your body to plow such deep snow. Some drifts I had challenged were in excess of the height of the roof of the old truck.
Signed,
dehydrated and in need of a nap.

We had a complete whiteout snowstorm yesterday. I had to drive in it for a short trip, it was scary--low gear and 4 wheel drive all the way. We have between 18-20 inches of snow just from that storm. But nothing like Oswego, NY.

My sister-in-law tells me that their snowfall is now 112"! :eek: I guess some people can't even get out of their front doors. She tells me that help is coming from all over to dig people out, and clean off roofs. The news shows people just walking on top of the snow piles to the roof without the need for a ladder. That will collapse a building, especially when it starts to turn to ice and water. Makes enormous ice dams on the roof. If they get freezing rain on top of all that--major disaster.

Need my TALL boots to walk the dog now, and I had to clear her a little path from the porch out into our fenced in yard. She's short and the snow is higher than she is.

It was nice while it lasted (the mild winter):rolleyes:

The wonder of snow in the eyes of a 6 month old

The wonder of snow in the eyes of a 6 month old

Harry at 6 months was very excited to see the snow from his third floor condo window. As you can see in the next picture- he really likes it!

it is scary just looking at it on TV. We spent 5 yrs in Baltimore and during that time there was a blizzard and nobody could go out. 9 mos later, many babies.

Not sure if I am in FL or CT- took Dick to Tri-Rail to catch the train to Miami for the boat show at 7 AM this morning and it is 38 degrees out- frost on the windshield. :( I know- better than CT, but shocking for down here!

it's 18 degrees outside here at my house! Thankfully it's dry air so doesn't feel that cold, tho. The sun is coming up and ice on our cars is melting. I hope they turned on the sprinklers or put out the pots in the orange groves in mid fl last night. citrus, once frozen is just gone. Strawberries, too.

My cat went out, along with Miss SS and came right back in.

I feel so badly for all of you north of us here in NW Fl

We had a slightly warmer day on Friday and the ice starting melting. However, there is so much that only about 1/2 of it was gone before it got colder again. This morning it is cold and snowing again (1"-3" predicted).

I know there are people worse off but I still don't like it.:rolleyes: :D :mad:

Got lots of great photos tho.:) :) :)

They're predicting 2-4" here. Getting tired of the cold weather. I read on Yahoo that "they" said January was the warmest on record. I bet they won't be able to say that about February! It's a good day for chili!!

More pics coming Geebee?

Ann and Phyllis. Sorry about your unseasonable weather. Cold weather in Florida just isn't right.

Wise said:
They're predicting 2-4" here. Getting tired of the cold weather. I read on Yahoo that "they" said January was the warmest on record. I bet they won't be able to say that about February! It's a good day for chili!!

More pics coming Geebee?

Ann and Phyllis. Sorry about your unseasonable weather. Cold weather in Florida just isn't right.
I have some really great iced tree pictures (one is terrific since there was a cardinal in one of the trees that I didn't see until reviewing the photo - birght red spot amoung all the silver) but reducing them takes away some of the impact. I am not computer savvy enough to deal with the websites that allow larger photos so I am not sure yet about posting more.

geebee said:
I am not computer savvy enough to deal with the websites that allow larger photos so I am not sure yet about posting more.

I'm not that savvy either. Totally understand. Have a great day!

Back