OHS cured my plantar fasciitis

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyrebekah

This is the strangest thing...for the past 8 months I have been developing a bone spur/plantar fasciitis. I was afraid to go to a podiatrist because I am a giant wuss and I thought they would give me a cortisone shot, so I was just kind of ignoring it. But my foot was getting worse and worse. If I sat down for an hour or more, I would be totally limping when I got up. And in the mornings I could barely walk when I first got out of bed. It was killing me. My foot had even started to just throb randomly while I was sitting down. I had my surgery three weeks ago tomorrow and it hasn't bothered me since! I guess all the time laying in a hospital bed gave it time to heal.

Anyway, just wanted to share a good side effect. :)

So glad to hear the good news!! Guess it just needed some good resting time!! I know you are enjoying the pain free foot!!

You think that is good, well OHS got rid of my kidney stones! Unfortunately I now have them again but this is a fresh lot, several ultrasound scans and even a CT scan couldn't find the old ones after my OHS. Mind you I suppose it is a bit of a drastic way of getting rid of them. :)

On the same kind of note. I have some arthritis in my lower back and it was a constant dull pain and running made it worse. Since my surgery 2 1/2 years ago the pain is rare and when it rears it's ugly head is because I had a hard run or race. My cardio wasn't convinced about it but I think it's because of the better blood flow I was getting to the area post surgery. Nice side effect.

Wow that's awesome! I was hoping for that too. Mine seems better. I have had it for about 4 years and had the shot hurt like hell but did help some.I'm not on my feet as much as when I was working so it's hard to tell if mine is better.

Carpel tunnel back after OHS

Carpel tunnel back after OHS

Now that you mention it, my carpel tunnel disappeared after my OHS. I had been dreading the idea of coming out of anesthesia with the feeling of having two lobster claws for hands, but it never happened. Just as I was beginning to believe that my surgery had somehow "cured" my carpel tunnel, at about eight weeks out, it came back! Once again, I'm waking up during the night with those "claws" and guessing that the surgery I had postponed for that problem when I was diagnosed with aortic stenosis, will now have to be addressed. Oh well, I guess that's life! Jane:(

Good for you. I had PF for years and replaced running with cycling. I still have it, but it doesn't bother me as much because I don't run and I don't wear uncomfortable dress shoes as often as I used to. PF takes a VERY long time to heal and given how bad yours was, I'm guessing it's still there but it's not currently as inflamed. Warm up your arch with a little massage before you run and stretch it afterwards and you MAY be able to keep it at bay. Good luck.

Nice.
Don't ask questions :)
Don't know how it cured your fasciitis, but hey - glad it did!
That's awesome.

Dyna - I think your new feeling in fingertip could be related to better circulation. My hands always used to be cold, and after OHS seemed to be warmer all the time. Back to being cold now (boo) but I think circulation plays a factor for sure!

Latest posts

Back