Off to the marathon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Wagner

Today I leave for marathon number 4, to be run tomorrow. A little nervous, but that can be expected. :) Today I will be going to the EXPO to pick up my packet. World Vision, gave me a dry fit T with there logo to wear during the marathon. I thought that was pretty nice, and I am humbled by the gesture. I could use prayer's and good thought's about 10 AM in the morning, as I will be about 18 miles into the marthon and knocking on the door!! :eek:

Thank you Les for paving the way and showing the rest of us that it can be done; even with these 'clickers' in our chests. Also thank you Tom and Ross and the rest of the VR family for the encouragement and inspiration along the way.

God Bless

Mark

Mark, you'll be in my prayers! Best wishes, and we are very proud of you.

Go get em, Mark!
I'll be thinking about you in the morning.

Good luck and God speed.
Mary

Pr!

Pr!

Go Mark! Hope you have a great race & come back to report a PR. Congrats on number 4!

Good luck, Mark. This is when all the hard work pays off.
We'll all be there with you in spirit.
Look forward to reading your race report.

(The other) Mark

My thoughts and prayers will be with you, Mark. Have a great #4!

I'm huffin and puffin just getting to the end of this thread to tell you I did the prayers this morning and I'm wondering how your doing. I suppose I'll know soon huh? ;)

BillCobit said:
4:38:59 -- well done!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers 'Everyone'. Okay, no PR this time. (but hey, I'm in a new age group now! :D
Talk about hills ... You were either going up or down. At just before the half way point it leveled out for around 5 miles, and I looked at my pace band and I was 9 minutes ahead of where I wanted to be. Then the killer hills started ... hill one I crested, looked at my watch, and I was now 7 minutes ahead ... hill two, same thing, but now 5 minutes ahead, ... hill three, just over three minutes ahead, ... now I hit the hill from hades and looked at my watch at mile marker 23 and I was dead even with my pace band to bring me in at a 4:30 marathon .... I go around a corner and I am looking at another hill! :eek: The hills really took a toll and with around a half mile left, I started cramping, (charlie horse cramping) in my calf. 300 yards from the finish I had to stop and try my best to stretch out the cramp. There was a police officer their and he yelled two more intersections and your in the finish shoot. I looked up the road and those two intersections were ... you guessed it, up a hill!! Adrenlin got me up the road to a 4:38:59 finish.

I don't think I'll be walking for the next two days. :) Thanks again for being along for the ride. Your all great. ... Mark

And you make all sound so easy too. :D

Great Job overall. I still couldn't make it one block on a downhill without stopping. :eek:

Mark Wagner said:
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers 'Everyone'. Okay, no PR this time. (but hey, I'm in a new age group now! :D
..... There was a police officer their and he yelled two more intersections and your in the finish shoot. I looked up the road and those two intersections were ... you guessed it, up a hill!! Adrenlin got me up the road to a 4:38:59 finish.

I don't think I'll be walking for the next two days. :) Thanks again for being along for the ride. Your all great. ... Mark

Congratulations, Mark--you are awesome!!!!! Just keep the ibuprofen handy and don't make yourself stand up from sitting very often. And get a massage!

I walked three marathons (2 for the leukemia society) before I had my valve replacement--(only 1 after my aortic stenosis was diagnosed). Now you've inspired me to think about doing it again!

Latest posts

Back