now on monitor... noticed couple of things

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaughClown

Hey, I havent signed in for awhile, but I have a question or two. I was hooked up to an event monitor for a couple of weeks because I was having some palpitations, but since the stress of finals ended, they have subsided for the most part, which is good.
I've noticed two things.
The first couple of "events" i sent werent really palpitations. The bpm was around 70 and regular but it felt like someone was knocking on the inside of my rib cage. The weirdest was that I could feel both "lub" and "dub distinctly... so to speak. I could even hear the difference (aka distance) on the recording. The tech on the phone didnt seem worried at all though.
The other thing is how low my heart rate gets. Ive seen it a bunch of times between 47-49 and I was in the car with my friend (he was driving) and my heart rate was at 43. I wonder what its like when Im asleep.

No arrythmias, just really low or high (between 190-230bpm after running between classes). Not sure if its something to worry about.

Thanks

Hi, there--

Could be PVCs. I can often feel mine when I'm late taking my Betapace (sotalol), tired, wired on caffeine, or stressed. I've noticed a bunch lately with the end of the school year approaching.

If your heart rate is normal (in the 70s), then I wouldn't be worried. From my own experience, when I was wearing an event monitor, my heart rate would vary from 35-105. The tech told me not to worry about it since the monitor wasn't reading my HR that accurately. It's sort of like weighing yourself at home. For me, I always weigh about 5 pounds less than I do at the dr.'s office. :p

Also, when I had the event monitor, I had recorded so many PVC episodes that my cardio called me on a Friday night and told me the "events" were nothing and "as fun as watching paint dry." Of course, the last day I had the monitor, I had an episode of V-Tach that ended up with my visit to an electrophysiologist.

I'm sure if there is anything to worry about regarding your rhythm, your cardio will call you. But if you are really concerned, call him/her. Best to find out than to fret over it.

Best,
Debi (debster913)

excellent, thats what i was hoping for (and kind of expecting).
I suppose you cant expect pure numerical accuracy out of a device you carry arround all day hooked to your belt.
Thanks for the reply

Latest posts

Back