Novartis COPD drug Ultibro beats Seretide on flare-ups

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewbieSlo

Since I know that some members of the forum suffer from pulmonary hypertension as well, I thought I share this news with you:

Novartis has presented data showing that its chronic obstructive pulmonary disease drug Ultibro was superior in reducing flare-ups compared to GlaxoSmithKline’s blockbuster Seretide.

Fndings from the head-to-head LANTERN study were presented at the European Respiratory Society congress in Munich demonstrated that once-daily Ultibro Breezhaler (indacaterol/glycopyrronium) was superior in reducing exacerbations and improving lung function compared to twice-daily Seretide Accuhaler (salmeterol/fluticasone). Specifically, it reduced the rate of moderate-to-severe exacerbations by 31% compared to Seretide in moderate-to-severe COPD patients with a history of one exacerbation or none in the previous year.

Pfizer to promote two Novartis COPD drugs in UK
In addition, patients on the Novartis combo had significantly increased lung function compared to Seretide after 26 weeks of treatment and a similar safety profile. The study recruited 744 patients at 56 sites in Argentina, Chile, China and Taiwan; the latter two countries made up 80% of participants.

Read more at: http://www.pharmatimes.com/article/...drug_Ultibro_beats_Seretide_on_flare-ups.aspx

Back