nose surgery and coumadin update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mile high

About 5 weeks ago, I posted a thread concerning what to do about coumadin and nose surgery I was going to have. Everyone's comments were much aprreciated and were very helpful. This positively influenced the decision I made which was to not change anything in my daily doses. I continued taking my normal doses and still do.

The surgery was to remove cancer from the tip of my nose and then to take a graft from behind my ear to fill in the hole in the end of my nose where they dug out the cancer. That was 4 weeks ago. I had no problems with excess bleeding. The skin taken from behind my ear has fully grown back. My nose looks very good and from a medium distance you would not even notice.

Since the graft was taken from behind my ear I can now hear thru my nose, amazing (ha , ha).

Thanks to all of you for your valuable counsel. :D

Hey Mile High,
Glad to hear everything went well for you and your recovery has gone well so far.
Are you going to make it to the reunion in Golden?
Take Care

So glad everything went well. So now when you stick your nose in places that don't concern you, you'll be able to hear what doesn't concern you to! :)

Great news!

Do I understand correctly that you did not go off Coumadin at all for the surgery? I am interested in this topic because I have another couple of moles that should be removed and it will soon be time for my first colonoscopy.

To answer a couple of questions. Yes I hope to be at the reunion since it is in Denver (well actually Golden, close enough). I really suggest people should take a tour of Coors Brewery. Everyone will be really close to it and it is interesting to see a manufacturing process.

Note that the surgery I had was called Mohs surgery. Only a local anethesia is used, specifically they stick needles in your nose to deaden it. I was fully awake during the whole procedure. It took them 3 times digging to get it all. About one hour between diggings and then one more procedure to do the graft and put my nose back together.

From the various threads I have read concerning colonoscopy's it would appear that is a much different procedure with many more risks that what I had. Staying on coumadin for what I had I believe turned out to be a no brainer. It was justing getting the info on what to do that was the interesting part. So Raverlaw, I would check into the colonoscpy thing very closely. I am due to have one in the near future so I am continuing to watch this subject closely.

Latest posts

Back