New Year New Me (Hopefully)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello to all,
My Surgery is planned for Wed Jan 2nd
I went for the pre op tests on Friday Dec 21
BUT I had a cough and a cold so I have to wait for the results,

I realise the importance of being healthy for the surgery,so if it does get cancelled I know it will be for my benefit,

It does seem to have cleared up, but obviously the hospital will make the final decision on if it goes ahead

As many of you know I was cancelled in November so I hope it goes ahead this time but I am trying to be positive,

I am in God's hands, what will be will be, I am sure he will decide what is best for me

A Happy New Year to all at VR.com
Jan

Happy New Year to you also, Jan.

You've got your thoughts in the right place.
I hope it does work out this time, but I wouldn't want to have it done if I were still sick in any way, shape or form. Time will tell, I'm sure.

Best Wishes and when it's done, you can be in my cheer leading section, to keep my spirits up, when my time arrives. ;)

Hey, Jan. I know you will update us soon so we know whether it goes ahead. Do you have someone who will come to tell us how it went, once your surgery is finished. You know that we will be here waiting for news. There are two other members scheduled for the next day, so we will be keeping our eyes/ears in here pretty often til we get word.

Truly, you are going to be fine. This is the VERY WORST part of it. Once you wake up, it's with knowledge that you are on the road back to good health. God bless:)

Hi Jan

Hi Jan

I hope you get your surgery and I'm sure that all will go well ...will be praying for you here over in Scotland ...I won't be around then as we go to one of the Scottish Islands for Hogmanay but will look for your good news when I get back ...keep your chin up ...
Scottie

Best wishes

Best wishes

Jan - I hope it will be all systems go for Jan 2 and that this will be the start of a really good 2002 for you. I will be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing that you are well on the way to recovery. I'm sure that your faith and your attitude are the best thing you can have to help you at this time.

Jan, as your surgery approaches, I am praying for you. I am scheduled for surgery in February myself so I can emphathize and imagine that at this point things are feeling pretty tense.

But what a great way to start out the new year--really! The whole rest of 2002 will be nothing but getting better all the time.

Jennifer O.

Jan - Good luck with the surgery. I had mine last Jan and came out OK. "Hopefully" sounds so matter of fact. I think you should change it to probably definite, most likely guarenteed or almost certain. Of course, like you said, you are in God's hand. I will say a prayer on your day, maybe that will help.

Good luck Jan

Good luck Jan

Hi Jan-

Want to wish you every bit of good luck with your upcoming surgery. Soon you'll be feeling better. We'll all be waiting to hear how it went. I hope someone can post for you.

God Bless.

Jan,

I will be praying that they will be able to do the surgery! I too had gotten sick (the flu)a week before my scheduled surgery in February, 2001. My surgery had to be postponed a month. The surgeons won't do it if they think there's any risk. I'm sure if everything is cleared up they'll probably go ahead! They just want to make sure your resistance isn't low. I'll be wishing you the very best and will see you on the other side of the mountain! I'll keep you in my prayers! Take care!

Hi Jan

Good luck when the time comes. I know how you must be feeling right now. I have just heard today that my surgery is planned for 7th January 2002. I have to go for pre-op tests on 4th January 2002. It came as a complete surprise as I was told it would be around "Springtime". Anyway I'm thinking along the same lines as yourself. A New Year and hopefully a new me.

Peachy

Thank You

Thank You

Thank you to All

I cannot find the words to express how grateful I am to you all

Reading the posts gives me so much confidence

I know I will not be alone, I will have all your very kind thoughts and prayers to keep me company

please also think of my husband and two sons as i am sure it will be a stressful time for them

Thank you alll

Ps I will get my son to post and keep you all informed

Latest posts

Back