New to forum

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put you on the calendar for April 16th, so it's official now, Chris. Best Wishes!

Hi from another Aussie Qld

Hi from another Aussie Qld

Hi
Welcome to the site. I am 46 marries with 3 boys , live on the Gold Coast and currently in the waiting room too for MVR after a murmur was detected. I have had a CT angio and echo and have come up with moderate + with no symptoms. I have changed to a new cardio as i found the first quite impersonal. I am off for a stress echo to begin the 6 month monitoring process. So no surgery scheduled yet.
Which hospital and what surgeon have you chosen?. It is so hard as every one has a favourite, once you begin asking around.
I am sure you have done lots of homework and surgery will be smooth sailing.
If you would like to chat or just for some support please send me a personal msg or via the thread.

Take Care and remain positive

Fiona Thiel

Hi Fiona

Hi Fiona

Hi Fiona,

Nice to hear from you. I am going to Prince Charles Hospital and my Surgeon is Dr Peter Tesar. I have heard lots of good things about him. I am in 'lockdown' trying to dodge the germs as I caught a cold before my first scheduled date which necessitated waiting another month. I am due into hospital next Tuesday. I am lurching from terrified to 'can't wait until this is over'. Repair is the first option, with mechanical valve as the 'fall back'. When I asked the drs' 2IC about what kind of valve, he seemd both amused and impressed that I would (A) know anything about it and (B) want to discuss the pros and cons. It seems that the on-x valve is not in favour here just at the moment. I get the impression they want to see more research before committing themselves. Also the choice of valve appears to depend on what they find when they see the damage.
Here's hoping for a repair job.

Hopefully you will continue to do well as you are,
All the best,

Welcome Chris, best of luck with your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery, take care.

Welcome Chris -

I'm fairly new to this site myself so i can't give you any advice, but i wanted to let you know that i'll be wishing you a successful :)

Dawn-Marie

Hi again Chris -

I goofed up my last reply...I wanted to wish you a successful surgery and let you know i'll be keeping you in my prayers.

I hope you'll be as happy that you found this site as i am, as there are a lot of really wonderful, caring people here!!

Dawn-Marie

Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone

Thank you all fro your good wishes. Off to hospital tomorrow 2pm OZ time. Don't know when I'll get back to post how I got on. I'm expecting 10 days in hospital. Hubby may not get around to posting to this site. I'll remind him if I remember!! See you on the other side of the hill!!:)

Cheers,
Chris

Hoping it is just a hill for you:) and look forward to hearing all the good results. Godspeed!

Latest posts

Back