Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES W

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
HOW VERY NICE TO HAVE A CARDIOLOGIST - DR STEVEN KHAN- AS A MEMBER. RATHER THAN SPECULATING ABOUT THIS AND THAT...WE GET AN OFFICIAL ANSWER...IDEAS TO THROW BACK TO OUR PCP's .....THANKS STEVE..:D

I agree, James. It is always so nice to have input from 'the horse's mouth'. I also hope Dr Kahn can learn from members of the site. Many of us have side issues we deal with that doctors don't necessarily know about. Welcome, Doctor. And thank you for coming.

I certainly add my welcome to Dr Steve and agree he can be a valuable resource to the site. I caution you guys not to bombard him with all your questions all the time. My cardio also monitors the site from time to time but hasn't felt the urge to participate. Remember, Docs need a little time for a personal life too !! :D

It's great that a physician would drop in on a website such as this. I think we've all discovered that most medical professionals don't have first-hand experience with OHS. Information I got from my doctors' practice and the hospital lacked practical information, such as suggesting sleeping in a recliner instead of a bed. They don't know the day-to-day frustrations we go through in getting back to "normal." If someone in their immediate family has undergone OHS, they would have better insight.

BTW, I met a woman in St. Louis a week ago who is the daughter of a cardiologist. She says her dad needs AVR, but is in denial. Found that very very odd. Bet he'd be trying to convince a patient to undergo surgery.

We certainly have a wealth of information here from these wonderful professionals that are kind enough to give us their time and expertise!!!!

Thank you for joining us Dr Steve Khan!!! Between you, Al Lodwick and all of our very knowledgable members, we are most fortunate indeed!

Hank surely has done a grand thing for us all in starting this site. I learn new things daily and am forever grateful.

Zipper *~*

Back