New member having surgery January 10th- need some good advice

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the Scar Club. You'll learn to display it proudly - it'll become a mark of bravery, long life, and distinction. (And honestly, I have bigger scars on me from my CAT!)

To this day, I'm fairly shocked at how little pain I experienced (or remember). I'll stop short of saying the whole surgery and recovery thing was a lot of fun-- but for me, there were times it was ALMOST even a pleasant experience... Definitely an interesting week! I honestly do not remember too much pain. I do remember being achy between the shoulder blades for a few days - just ask your nurse for a warm rice bag that could be microwaved.

You'll laugh, but for me the WORST part was the half hour before surgery, when a cute girl came in and methodically shaved me smooth from the neck down. That's when I realized I'd be leaving all my humility behind me.

Your best best up to your Opening Day - stay busy, and think about other stuff. Why worry about anything that's out of your control? Two months from now, you'll be laughing about all this!

Latest posts

Back