New Member Dfw area - St. Jude Valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
requesting a quote to support a claim that has no basis in fact is classified by this person as bullying.
They can make such choice. Or I could decide that they were trying to intentionally gaslight me. But who knows, maybe instead there is something to clarify in that communication.

Oh yes, that's noted. Might happen naturally due to the attention span limits (and I'm not even on Twitter, Instagram, or other attention grabbers).

Thanks for sharing your experience, and I’m sorry you’ve had to endure 3 OHSs (though you certainly sound like you’re doing well).

I’ll take you up on the offer. I’m scheduled for SAVR (OHS for valve replacement and aortic aneurysm repair) on Oct 25, and I’m really torn about whether to take the On-X mechanical or bovine tissue replacement valve. Since you have been on warfarin for 36 years, I’ll consider you an expert. 👍🏻 Is having a bad fall or accident and “bleeding out” (sorry to be extreme) an overblown fear I have? I mean, surely in 36 years you’ve had accidents or bad cuts. If I’m honest, this fear is what keeps me from easily choosing a mechanical valve, despite the guidelines saying it’s the right choice for a 49 year old.

For example - I solo road cycle 20-30 miles all the time. I’m seriously concerned about taking a spill, or worse getting hit by a vehicle, and being out there alone, and bleeding profusely.

Appreciate your insights and experience!
Hi HokieHade
I also had a Coarctation of Aorta(1967) as a child, but I was 15 years old and remember my battle to stay alive and recover and I did my best to avoid any future OHS. But in 2007 I had my Aorta valve replaced and of course I choose a St Jude Valve. OHS is not a walk in the park and I look upon my daily tablet as a small price to pay as the last thing I want is another OHS. If you look at the members of this forum very few members have 3 or 4 OHS and remember the older you get the greater chance you have of dying. I had 3 bleeding problems in the last 16 years none of them were life treating
Best wishes with your op.

Nope, I didn't. Please kindly find me a quote to support your claim. It looks very unreasonable from my POV.
Ask your cardio for the uses for Warfarin, for it is not just for mechanical valves, it is also used for clot control and helps those who have had strokes or heart attacks or POV. Education is the key to knowledge. Good luck in your research. Mine comes from Bypass and valve replaced with St. Jude's Valve. Be nice and get to work.

Ask your cardio for the uses for Warfarin, for it is not just for mechanical valves, it is also used for clot control and helps those who have had strokes or heart attacks or POV. Education is the key to knowledge. Good luck in your research. Mine comes from Bypass and valve replaced with St. Jude's Valve. Be nice and get to work.
Do you even read the posts you respond to anymore?

Reactions: V__
Ask your cardio for the uses for Warfarin, for it is not just for mechanical valves,
Well, @carolinemc , I have to conclude that you cannot support your repeated baseless accusation. With all the reputation-damaging consequences that this may entail.

Repeating the same basic info instead (that nobody's arguing with) is a weird move.

it is also used for clot control and helps those who have had strokes or heart attacks or POV.
Not that it matters really, but it's kind of funny. Warfarin helps those who have their own Point of View (POV) ?

Isn’t Warfarin also used to kill rats?
sure is. I got this post card from my Finnish Friends in recovery
1696661176341.png

I love Finland

Morning
Elipa is”ok - that’s right”. Rotanmyrkyy is rat poison.
in this instance I believe that it serves to act as an emphatic on the "kills rats with 100% certainty" bit. Sorta like saying Absolutely.

Nice card!
I love it and still have it (in a book somewhere so it doesn't get bent)

Back