nausea since surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced nausea that comes and goes since their heart surgery? Since I have had my valve replaced I have episodes of nausea that lasts 3-4 days at a time. This has been occurrng about once every 4-6 weeks.

I am taking digoxin (lanoxin), metoprolol (lopressor) and of course warfarin. I have read that nausea can be a side effect of the digoxin.

Anyone out there that can relate to this? Comments would be appreciated!

I think it's the meds, but I do hope you talked to your Doctor about this. If not, you better let him/her know about it. We don't need you dehydrating with the coumadin. ;)

I have had periods (very short in duration ) of nausia and dizzyness. The world seems to tilt and I feel nausious. I have talked to my doctor who feels it is not related to the surgery or the valve but the problem was not there prior to the surgery. The only medication I am currently on is coumadin. Don't know if this is similar to what you are experiencing. Anyone else had this problem??

Back