Natasha Richardson

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her death is so tragic. That is definitely a beginner hill at Mt Tremblant and it is just as Ross says - we are all vulnerable.

I wonder if she had accepted treatment from the EMS people right away whether it would have made a difference, but I guess it's all speculation now.

Dale

today's news was that the emergency crew was turned away by someone.

She was 45, way too young. A great loss for any family.

Dyna -- Yes, helmets do protect against subdural hematomas, no matter how the head is struck.

Woodbutcher -- sports helmets do not cover the ears. The only ear-covering helmets are motorcycle helmets.

I know the adults don't usually wear helmets when they are skiing, and I am a non-skier, but I wonder about this: I see lots of photos of skiers wearing hats and goggles. If you're going to wear hats and goggles, is a helmet so different?

Freak accident

Freak accident

This is such a sad case of something that only happens in one to three percent of head injuries and of those, only 15-20% result in death. I snowboard and started wearing a helmet after my surgery (my wife made me:rolleyes:). I have learned that I need to just keep enjoying each day to its fullest and not let worries keep me from what I can do. We all know someone who was taken in their prime for some unforeseen reason. I hope that we don't let cases like this add worries to our lives. My heart goes out to Liam and his children.

Latest posts

Back