Nancy, how's Joe?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nancy, you both amaze me. You both are so strong. I'm so glad that Joe is home and doing better. I pray that he continues to get better and stronger. He's been through way too much. I continue to pray for you both everyday.

Baseball's minor leagues, eh? Cool! For what team(s) did he play?

And, which sport of those that he played does Joe like best?

Just curious :).

Hi Nancy, just wanted to say "hi" and let you know I am thinking about Joe and about you.

Take care,

Nancy.........

Nancy.........

I am so relieved to hear you guys are home and making progress. We are still keeping y'all in our prayers for good measure. Many hugs. Janet

We're doing OK. Joe is slowly improving. He is still on Cipro and will be for about 2 more weeks. Cipro has many side effects which he won't miss once he goes off it.

His strength is getting there, but he's still not there yet.

I'm doing OK. I guess I've just been through this too many times with Joe.

All in all, compared to some of the other things that have happened to Joe, this has hit him harder and with a longer recovery than I would have thought. He still has almost daily INR checks, since he has to maintain a much higher INR with a narrow range, 3.5-4.0. And once he goes off Cipro, it will be a mess again.

We just take it one day at a time and try not to dwell on the bad things.

Nancy,

You give such hope and encouragement to everyone, you are a powerful example.

I have to agree with other posters, my pains are small compared with what you and Joe have experienced.

Prayers for Joe's continued strenght and your unfailing support and love.

Michaelena

Ditto from me too. Nancy, you and Joe are always in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything is going better for you both.

hi nancy,
i have not been here for some time and each time i return, i get nervous and worried that my "old friends" (not chronological, that is) may not be doing well.

i'm glad to see that, once again, joe has pulled through.
the two of you are amazing and are such a model for teamwork in this area.

i'm so happy to see that joe is recovering from his last bump in the road and that you are still going strong, advocating for him.
we've learned so much from you here; thank you!

wishing you both all the best,
sylvia

Sylvia-

Nice to see you again. It's been a long time. How is your Joey?

Joe is continuing to improve. He was on the treadmill today for the first time, and surprised even himself. Don't where he gets the strength, but he cranks it up from somewhere.

I hope all is well with you and yours. Don't be such a stranger.

hi nancy,
joey is doing well (it's been 4 years_ thank G-d!!!). he is still on a minimal dose of amiodarone and all drs. we have consulted with feel that this is the best option in keeping his afib under control.

it's been a very busy year for us. joey's parents are slowly degenerating, becoming very forgetful, getting lost while driving to work or home, lots of excitement, especially since we live a mile away from them. we are the ones who are called first despite the fact that joey has two older sisters.

in addition, my dad's recovery has been very slow. in doing a virtual colonoscopy (which i insisted upon after his episode with [un-monitored] bridge therapy prior to his hernia surgery), they found a mass near his stomach, which they are now watching (might even be the hematoma!).

the good news is that joey and i have become empty nesters (our youngest is a freshman at wash u. in st. louis and loving it, our eldest is a senior at gettysburg college,pa) and it's been fun just us two especially knowing that the kids are happy and healthy.
joey and i have also been traveling a lot (prague, krakow, budapest_ hiking in the mountains, just beautiful!)

and, my youngest brother is getting married. he's had a rough time with drug addiction, cleaned himself up, lives and works in amsterdam and is_ at 42_ marrying a wonderful girl from ireland.

as you can see it's been quite busy here, but mostly manageable and good.

i have missed everyone so much and think of you all often even when i'm not on.

i hope to be signing on more often and keeping in touch with oldies and newbies.

for those going to the reunion, i'm envious and wish you all a wonderful, fun-filled time.

nancy, i 'm thrilled to hear that joe is feeling stronger. i always think of you.
stay well,
sylvia

Latest posts

Back