My surgery was on Dec 17

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paula (in Finland)

Hello, all Valve Replacement Forum readers and especially you, that are Paula's friends on this site.

Paula was operated here in Helsinki University Hospital yesterday. The surgery was very successful without any complications of any kind. She got an organic valve replacement (I'm sorry, if I do not know the right terms). Today I heard that she's already been up from the bed, been walking and has eaten.

Let's hope that everything goes as well as also in the future and that she gets home right after Christmas.

I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Paula's colleague Marja-Liisa

Thanks Marja-Liisa

Thanks Marja-Liisa

Forposting for Paula..We are all so glad she made it through her operation..now the recovery period. Tell her to take one day at a time..and walk those halls. Bonnie

That is GREAT news!

Sounds like she's off to a very good start. I would hope they let her come home before Christmas, but I'm sure they won't if things are not quite right.

Give her our love and encouragement.

Ross :)

Thanks Marja-Liisa for coming to let us know how Paula is getting on. We are always waiting to hear of the good successes of our loved ones. I pray that she will have continued improvement. Sounds like she is doing very well. Tell her she got her 'new heart' on Billy in Ireland's birthday so next year they will celebrate birthdays together.

I am usually right behind those two above - I am old so just can't seem to keep up with them. I never get there first no matter what I do. I think they never sleep.

Dear Paula - thanks to your friend for letting us know. Sounds like you are doing so well. Up and eating already and that is good. They will keep you busy in the hospital - maybe they will throw a party on Christmas. Prayers for you as you recuperate. we wait to hear from you. We have left the light on for ya. God bless

Last edited:
Paula-

What wonderful news! Congratulations on a successful surgery. And thank you Marja-Liisa for letting us know.

Ann

Ann

Ross and I are having an early morning affair:D :D :D But do we drag the rest of the day..:p :p Bonnie

My prayers are with Paula...

My prayers are with Paula...

I hope all continues to go well, she should be home for Christmas.

Have a great holiday, and give some extra TLC to your patient.

Terry

Thanks Marja-Liisa

Thanks Marja-Liisa

What GREAT NEWS! I'm so happy to hear that Paula's surgery went well. Now she has the recovery process ahead of her. I'm sure everything will continue to go well. I hope she has an uneventful recovery. Thanks Marja-Liisa for keeping us informed. Please let Paula know that my thoughts and prayers are with her for a very quick and smooth recovery.

Take Care!
Gail

Great news! Good to here all went well. Thank you for keeping us posted. Let Paula know we are all here for her and can't wait to hear from her again.

AWESOME!!

AWESOME!!

Glad to hear the news! What a wonderful gift for the holidays! Here's hoping that everything continues to go well for you.:)

Julia

thank you for letting us know how paula is doing, marja-liisa

thank you for letting us know how paula is doing, marja-liisa

please tell paula that we are so happy to hear that everything went well and we look forward to seeing her back on this forum real soon.
wishing her all the best and a speedy recovery,
sylvia

My surgery was on Dec 17

Hey Great news !

From Canada I am thrilled that Paula has done so well.
It is so comforting to know that we all share together the commonalities of AVR.

May God Bless Paula and help in her recovery ....what a marvellous Christmas present!!

jackc ( Welland )

Surgery all over.

Surgery all over.

Paula, Good news to hear it's all behind you. Keep contacting us, love to hear how your doing. Sylvia G.

Great news! I wish her a speedy recovery. Best wishes to both of you for the coming new year!!!:)

Back