My Surgery has been postponed til Monday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alicia

Duke called and changed my surgery date til Monday, Jan 6..I still go in on Thursday for the catherization and preop stuff. Theres a question about me having PPH so that will be addressed with the cardiac surgeon and the anesthesiologist. I will have either Lisa or Peggy post for me as to my progress.

Happy New Years everyone. Lets all pray for a healthier,safer, happier, and peaceful 2003!!!!!

I want to wish you the best of luck with your surgery, Alicia. I know you must be apprehensive, but you'll be fine.

So here's to a new "fixed up" heart and a New Year, all at the same time.

I'm glad you'll have someone post for you, we'll all be waiting to hear. So talk to you later..

Bon Voyage and smooth sailing!

Hang in there alicia, I know this is a hard time for you. Spoke to Joan, and she told me that she was going to try and get in and see you. I'm only eight minutes from the hospital. Try doing some relaxation exercises. Soon this will all be behind you once again.
martha

I always hate to hear that one of us has had a postponement - there have been several over the years and it's always hard on the victim - er, patient. It is usually put off for a good reason - surgeon out golfing, on vacation..........(lol, just kiddin-maybe). But, Alicia, I think in your case it may have been good since you needed a postponement, perhaps, to let your body mend a bit. We will be going along with you on Monday while you make the trek up the mountain and will wait for Lisa or Peggy to let us know. Keep the faith, my dear - God bless

healthy and happy 2003

healthy and happy 2003

Alicia, thanks for your reply to me, i hope everything goes well for you.

hi alicia

i just had the minimal invasive surgery done last week so if you have any questions just ask me.

Richie Rich

Dear Alicia:

Oh, gosh. That is always hard to take. All pumped up ready to go....and then put on hold.

Please let us all know how the cath, etc. go today.

Marybeth

Alicia, Monday's are good surgery days...think of it that way...your dr. will be rested from the weekend and will be bright, alert, and ready to do the best job for you.....hopefully, you will be in and out before the weekend comes. Get lost in a good book or several good movies...take your mind off of things...spend time with friends and family...the wait is the worst part.....before long this will just be a memory and a story that you tell to people who listen.....you are going to be fine.....no doubt!

Hi Alicia!

Yes, waiting is tough! My surgery was postponed for a week because I was sick with a sinus infection. However, when I had the surgery a week later, the timing for many things worked out much better. I guess what I'm trying to say is things will happen when they are supposed to.....so HANG IN THERE!:)

Julia

Hey Alicia,

I hope everything went okay today with the cath. I also hope you are still n schedule for the 6th. Good luck with everthing. Try to get some time for yourself this weekend. You will be thought of plenty next week. Take care.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I had my cath and it was painful, there was alot of scar tissue from previous caths and surgery. Good news, no blocked arteries!! The doctor is going to try to repair the valve if possible but thinks it will have to be replaced anyway. We decided on using the St Judes, so I will have to be put on Coumadin. Due to my age we agree thats best. They are going to try to do minimally invasive surgery but if theres too much scar tissue, he will do traditional incision. Everything is up in the air so far as what type of surgery he will do, but he just doesnt know until he gets in and takes a look. I trust him. Im putting everything in Gods hands and know he will do whats best for me and I will accept whatever he sends my way. The other good news is they dont think I have PPH. Thats great! Yesterday was a long day and I met so many doctors but got tons of information and support. I will have someone post for me so you can all know whats happening. Thanks again.

Alicia,
In my thoughts...wishing you the best on the 6th!

H Alicia

You definitely will be in my prayers for the next week or so......I know you will be fine, and thank you for having someone post for us....everyone out here in vr land worries about our group.
Good luck on your trip up the mountain.

Evelyn

hi alicia!
i've been away and just returned last night... i just read about your postponement. same kind of thing happened to joey, delayed a week (due to 9/11)...
well, the day is almost here.... we will be thinking of you and praying.
wishing you all the best and if you can have someone post to let us know how you're doing, please do.
be well, sylvia

Latest posts

Back