My Sister's Cancer

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creed3

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. Ever since my sister was diagnosed with lung cancer things have just been kind of crazy and overwhelming. I do check in from time to time to see how everyone is. I just haven't been leaving any responses.
I want to thank you all for the prayers for my sister. She had her surgery today to remove her lung tumor. They were able to get the entire tumor out along with two of the lymph nodes. The surgery went smoothly and she seems to be doing fine so far. The only thing is that they saw a small area of red on the chest wall. The doctors do not think that there is a problem with it but that if it does turn out to be the cancer spreading, a couple of shots of radiation should take care of it. They ran a ton of tests and scans before the surgery and the cancer hadn't spread anywhere other than the fist sized tumor in the lung and two of her local lymph nodes were slightly invaded. The chemo and drug therapy she was given for the last few months seemed to shrink the tumor slightly and the lymph nodes were no longer swollen and irritated.
She will be in the hospital for a week and then will go home. She had her surgery in NY at the Sloan Kettering Hospital. They will continue to do scans on her every three to four months for the next two years to make sure that the cancer doesn't return. They told her that if she can get passed two years without a recurrence that most likely it will not return.
Our family is very happy with how well things are going for her. We will continue to pray that things will keep going well for her. Please keep her in your prayers.

Thank You All!
Take Care!
Gail

Thanks for the update, Gail. We will pray for a complete remission for your sister.

Thank you Gail for the update. Praying for continued improvement for her. I am sure you have all been devastated by this but are now much easier in your mind. Keep the faith.

Gail -

Gail -

Things do sound promising for your sister! You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry that she (and her family) are having to deal with this, though.

Christina L

Gail,

It is good to see you post.

Thoughts/prayers coming for your sister....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It's only going to make me strong" ... LeAnn Rimes ... 'Life Goes On'

Latest posts

Back